Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks, two versions of the same Drift song, got it. They haven't released the other one yet then.

No. Or maybe, I have no idea. I left the moment it came on.

It just goes The Pacific Rim theme for the end credits, and then the RZA song for the rest of the credits.

That song was not there in the movie, but only in the very end credits, right?

Was there a different version of the song, or do you mean the score music?

The Pacific Rim main theme which was used several times in the movie was fantastic, including during the end title sequence. Parts of this theme music was played differently at the start of that Drift song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuhWD4mjUY

I quite like the main theme, been humming it off and on since I've seen it.

That song was not there in the movie, but only in the very end credits, right?

Was there a different version of the song, or do you mean the score music?

The Pacific Rim main theme which was used several times in the movie was fantastic, including during the end title sequence. Parts of this theme music was played differently at the start of that Drift song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuhWD4mjUY

Yeah, I know Im the only person on the planet that didn't like it but the Pacific Rim theme sucked for me :monkey3 I really really didn't like it.
It took me off the movie :monkey2
(I don't deserve to live)

That's racist! :lol

:lecture
I wasn't going to call it, but I'm glad someone else did :lol

From Deadline.com:

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has bragging rights today for distributing the Legendary Pictures 3D scifi actioner around the world after co-financing it. I’ve learned the studio discovered this morning that last weekend’s results came in $500K higher than forecast on Sunday. The result is that Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim grossed $35.3M with 4.7M admissions from 9,610 screens in 50 territories. That was just enough to knock off Universal’s 3D toon Despicable Me 2 and become the #1 film internationally over the weekend now that all the numbers are in. This brings the expensive $180M-$220M budget pic’s international cume to $110.9M and its worldwide total to $178.5M. Unfortunately, U.S. theatrical sales are not expected to exceed $100M all in so overseas coin is crucial. Foreign territories for Pacific Rim opening last weekend included France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Holland. The movie already has debuted in major markets Russia, Korea, Mexico, UK, Australia, and Italy. Upcoming releases include July 31st for China, Spain, Japan, and August 9th for Brazil.

My gf thought she was Donna Bae from Cloud Atlas.

doona-bae-cloud-atlas1-545x600.jpg

:lol not being racist, it's just that they had a very similar look and hairstyle.

LoL @ bad acting. All the pilots were sufficiently characterized and I wanted Australia Junior to get his butt wupped and he did, Mako was cute and worthy of a love scene which I kinda felt robbed when she didn't get one. :monkey4:monkey3

Scientists were stupid but cartoonishly entertaining. Still better than Matthew Broderick.

Ron Perlman didn't need to be there at all but the more the merrier.

PR isn't as bad but having every fight take place at night and in water with far too many closeups really doesn't make for memorable battle scenes or give a sense of epic scale. The brief shot of the daylight stuff in Sydney looked great and I wanted more of that.

Now that you mention it, I would have loved some daytime fight scenes. True that.

Also, it was kinda strange they gave a impossibly large monster a magic set of batwings and yet could figure out a way to give the Jaegers a magic set of gigantor rocket boosters.

I was kinda disappointed that Gypsy Danger (and all the rest of the Jaegers) didn't get noticeable bigger. I know we get told they're upgraded but in a movie like this, bigger is better.

Still a fun summer film.

I just caught up with this thread, finally!

And I just don't give a **** anymore!

I loved this film! That's all! Will see it in IMAX real soon!

Oh, and I shook Robert Kazinsky's hand yesterday! :D

Seen this the other day and it was a great film and a lot of fun to watch, my only gripe is i dont feel the need to see it again:dunno

Back