Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had so much fun watching this movie. i really liked that these robots felt like they had weight to them, and the fighting scenes were easier to read than transformers.

there's one scene in particular which i especially liked with the girl getting stuck in her memory

and to those watching the movie stay about a minute after the credits for a nice little clip

one other thing i really enjoyed is that there was not so much shaky cam usage

Agreed but it makes things less immersive. Just look at Tony Stark 3, he controlled the armour while sitting on a boat, with that reveal it threw all sense of threat and heroism out the window knowing that he didn't do it.

You need people in there in order for there to be stakes.

Doesn't matter. The tech is still there. Who WOULDN'T use it, given the chance? Instead of the bomb disarming robots, should we just send a dude in? Make it more heroic?
I was in Tony's shoes, I would have done the same thing. And he did do it. He still was controlling it, and SAVED lives. How much heroic can you get man??

Point is, I'm just sayin. It's an overanalyzed nitpick. But isn't that what half of the people on this forum do? lol
I'm just messin around a bit.

Like here's another for ya:
Why not make the Jaegers even BIGGER then these monsters?
Go even bigger, so you can handle them with ease? Not make them the exact same size. :)
But yes, I know, it's not as heroic, if you just dominate the bad guy. lol

:dance

Movie was awesome! Story was simple and not overly complicated so you could shut down the thinking part of your brain and watch gigantic robots smashing their metal fists against enormous monsters! It was everything I dreamed of as a little kid watching men in rubber suits destroy cardboard cities, I could've watched 5 hours of just fighting without any humans whatsoever!

HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY MOTHER ****ING **** OH MY GOD AHHHH!!! THIS ****ING MOVIE DESTROYED MY MIND IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY!111

Ahhh! I must watch. Over and over.

Slightly calming down...

Let me just say, hands down, the most intense, insane, original, unique movie I've seen in a long, long time. I knew Del Toro would deliver, but I never knew how much. He KNOCKED it out of the park.

How? He didn't make his film stupid. He made it simple. And that led to my brain actually firing during these battle scenes. He made them unique. They weren't mindless robots fighting mindless monsters. Everyone, and everything had a purpose.

If you see Grown Ups 2 over Pacific Rim, you are dead to me. Do not support that. Support this. Haha.

Wow. My mind is still collating. Best movie of the Summer, possibly year.....

You sound like Solidsnake. :rotfl
Was it Epic??

Hopefully it's not the best of the year Hollywood has to offer.
I'm still waiting for this years "Drive" or "Django" for me.
Those were my two faves of 2011, and 2012.

Yummy.

movies-pacific-rim-rinko-kicuchi.jpg

The plot was thin, dialogue ok to bad at times, peformances passable to cringe worthy. But it's all worth it, the battles were amazing! An excellent summer movie.

i had so much fun watching this movie. i really liked that these robots felt like they had weight to them, and the fighting scenes were easier to read than transformers.

there's one scene in particular which i especially liked with the girl getting stuck in her memory

and to those watching the movie stay about a minute after the credits for a nice little clip

one other thing i really enjoyed is that there was not so much shaky cam usage

what was it? There was none shown at the screening.

Just came back ! same here bro.
AMAZING VISUALS but that is all.
Elysium yes I am pumped !

you will hate me but transformers movies are way better then this.
BIG dosent mean better. Optimus prime still the bad *** robot on the big screen.
my review tomorrow.

Alright bro, looking forward to your thoughts.
Don't get me wrong. I did like this movie!
I for sure wanted to get a better sense of what was going on around the world, or in peoples lives etc too.
I felt it spent so much time in this military compound and training.
Everything felt right next door to each other.

A lot of it felt like it was all happening on the same day pretty much.
I really couldn't get a sense of time. And one second they are here, next second we are in Hong Kong or something?

Acting was good, visuals were some of the best ever.
I just could not get emotionally attached or involved in what was going on.

And the scientists just almost ruined it for me too.

ON to Elysium and the Hobbit and some filler in between now.

And I don't hate you, but no the Transformers are totally garbage compared to this. This took it serious and made it feel like there was real purpose here and the fighting felt BIG and scope was epic.
But that's my view lol

People who didn't like this were expecting deep characters and a compelling story.

Not really. I knew what I was going to see, but was still underwhelmed over all. It's not enough to just have fight 1, break boring stuff, fight 2, break, fight 3, side mission quest with slapstick humor, fight 4 etc.

I was just not as: YEAH!! - Like Avengers or MOS etc.

The *****ing and moaning has begun...:lol

With good reason. There was a lot of simplicity and silly or annoying things about this movie and it's structure.
I guess for those of us who left the theatre kind of meh, the fights and top notch visuals were just not enough, or not done in a way that got us super excited.

I can't explain it. I did like it, I enjoyed it, but I'm pumped or excited about it? I don't have the desire to see it again on the big screen etc.
Is what it is.

Maybe if they had more epic battles. Showcased more of the other Jaegers before getting destroyed in seconds. Maybe a couple scenes where I could actually see what was going on, and not in the rain, dark, or water, would have been cool.

Back