Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the first TF... I was annoyed by LeDouche and Anthony Anderson, and a bit by Turturro... but it was bearable...

But TF2 was just pathetic... Sam's parents are some of the stupidest characters ever on screen... the racism, sexism and annoying jokes was just too much...

I didn't even bother with TF3 and won't see any Bay movies ever again... he's a hack and has no respect for the subject matter and his audience...

GDT on the other hand, at least treats the topic with knowledge and respect.

PR and TF are not even in the same league...

:lol I'll just keep that 3PO bust. :nana:

Some of that is annoying. That I agree with but I've walked out every TF movie and just had a big smile on my face. This I walked out pleased but not the same.

I remember walking out of the first film utterly pissed off, i walked out of the second feeling disgusted by what i just saw and the third i came to terms that bay did not care about transformers and thought the third was a good effort but will never watch it again. Looking forward to Pacific rim tonight

In all honesty, this movie blows away Tranformers 1-3, Short Circuit, Robocop 1-10, Robojox, Real Steel, and Wall-E.

I enjoyed the first TF... I was annoyed by LeDouche and Anthony Anderson, and a bit by Turturro... but it was bearable...

But TF2 was just pathetic... Sam's parents are some of the stupidest characters ever on screen... the racism, sexism and annoying jokes was just too much...

I didn't even bother with TF3 and won't see any Bay movies ever again... he's a hack and has no respect for the subject matter and his audience...

GDT on the other hand, at least treats the topic with knowledge and respect.

PR and TF are not even in the same league...

:exactly::goodpost: Amen from the Choir!!

I was in Tony's shoes, I would have done the same thing. And he did do it. He still was controlling it, and SAVED lives. How much heroic can you get man??

by risking your life :wink1:

Why do people compare this movie to Transformers? Apples and oranges.

one has Big Robots fighting and the other has big robots fighting. the rest is likely vastly different but the robots in both are the draw.

Im gonna pick it up ASAP! heard its one of the best!

yeah this movie def showed up Bayformers. Not that transformers should be like this but this movie balanced out the human characters and all the monster robot stuff so well. Del Toros a genius!

Art book is awesome.

People that didn't like this movie should've gone to see Grown Ups 2...probably more their speed. :pfft:

Im gonna pick it up ASAP! heard its one of the best!

yeah this movie def showed up Bayformers. Not that transformers should be like this but this movie balanced out the human characters and all the monster robot stuff so well. Del Toros a genius!
:exactly::goodpost:

Art book is awesome.

People that didn't like this movie should've gone to see Grown Ups 2...probably more their speed. :pfft:

:lol:lol:lol

Anyway, I have the art book on order. Love that so many movies are getting nice art books. For a while they seemed to drop off. This one looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I have the art book on order. Love that so many movies are getting nice art books. For a while they seemed to drop off. This one looks great.

I am interested in this one and the one for Man of Steel. But i have never bought one before so i'm a little hesitant.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get the PR, it has lots of tidbits of information about the character designs and it even expands on some of the stuff you see on screen! Seriously, you'll enjoy the movie even more with this book and the prequel Graphic Novel! :lecture

You should get the PR, it has lots of tidbits of information about the character designs and it even expands on some of the stuff you see on screen! Seriously, you'll enjoy the movie even more with this book and the prequel Graphic Novel! :lecture

I've got my LCS ordeing the prequel graphic novel.

I did! I was seriously confused last night on the way home, discussing the movie in the car, if I had seen the hospital scene in the film or if it was part of the graphic novel.

I am interested in this one and the one for Man of Steel. But i have never bought one before so i'm a little hesitant.

The Man of Steel one is nice, but not my favorite one ever. The Titan releases for the Marvel movies, Tron Legacy and Star Trek were great. Just from the images I've seen, the Pacific Rim one looks like it'll be a treat.

Back