Guillermo Del Toro is helming a Justice League: Dark movie?/General DC Movie Hub

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Guillermo Del Toro is helming a Justice League: Dark movie?

Oh please. GDT has like a list of 50 movies he's supposedly doing. Everything from Frankenstein to the Haunted Mansion. I'll believe it when I see a freaking trailer.

I just realized HT is the GDT of 1:6 scale :lol

Or is it the other way around?

Del Toro does a lot of announcing and not enough follow through.

Sad face. :(

Seriously, just needs to do another Hellboy that's what we all want.

After reading that, I've got my fingers crossed he follows through on Pinocchio.

G. is behind Hellboy 3. Unfortunately no studio is at the moment.

Guillermo Del Toro has confirmed he is having discussions with WB about this project but that's all they are at this point discussions.

https://spinoff.comicbookresources....s-discussing-justice-league-dark-style-movie/

Too late, Nova.

All I know if this film happens it might very well be My most anticipated film in my life...plus look at the new statues/figures that might come out of it...Etrigan, Doc Fate, Dead Man, Phantom Stranger, etc, etc, etc...hmmmmm

I think this is what some would call "fangasming." If this thing comes together...:drool :drool :drool :drool

With GDT at the helm, though, I wonder where Ron Perlman will be? Swamp Thing, perhaps?:lol

I think Perlman is (unfortunately) over prosthetics now that he has steady income on Sons of Anarchy. Maybe a CGI Swampy?

It's hard to get excited for GDT projects when he's got so many swirling in development limbo but, yeah, I'd be there opening night and the next morning for this thing.

Yeah, but could you imagine if this connected to JL in a Guardians of the Galaxy sort of way? One of those niche groups that ties into an overarching universe?:drool

Is it just me or does anyone else not fully trust Guillermo? I like his movies, but I'm never crazy about them. I'm a huge hellboy fan and I even enjoy the movies but I can't help but feel like they ran way to far from the source material. Blade 2 was cool but it's pretty dated IMO now. I think the best movie he has made is probably the orphanage. I watched that movie from beginning to end without anything taking me out of it. I also feel like for all the great stuff he does with puppets and costumes the cgi he chooses to use always kind of bums me out. I've even read the strain trilogy.

Don't get me wrong, he's very talented...I just don't really feel like he's that competent. His work is better then most but it feels alittle dialed in. Almost like he just repeats himself with the same sort of themes (WW era, the occult, fantasy). Anyways, just my thoughts.

I would trust him with my families' life.

GDT better bring it!!!

1zggmf6.jpg

Again this would be the one of the most anticipated films in my whole life if they do it...Those guys were among the best DC characters made with perhaps the best writing back then

Back