Guillermo Del Toro is helming a Justice League: Dark movie?/General DC Movie Hub

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be incredible if this worked out and they could get Sandman and Death in there too.

DC Horror is where it's at!
I know very little about Etrigan, Swamp Thing etc, but a film like this would be a welcomed change from the usual rinse repeat **** that WB/DC seem to pin their hopes on.

Obviously, having a great director on board makes all the difference too - one suited for this kind of story.

Rumors... Hot Rumor: 'Justice League Dark' Project MIGHT Have Their New Constantine — Latino-Review.com

Apparently Del Toro wanted Ron Perlman for Swamp Thing and the studio like that idea, but they're also keen on Colin Farrell for John Constantine, and Monica Bellucci for Madame Xanadu. Word is Ewan McGregor has also been approached for the Constantine role, but he may "fall back on" Jason Blood, AKA Etrigan the Demon. The site also adds that they're seeking a "comedic presence" for Deadman, and an Hispanic/black actress to fill the role of Zatanna.

It looks like Del Toro isn't involved with this at all anymore, the rumored shortlist of directors is a pair of guys who made something called big bad wolf or something like that and the guy that directed the Evil Dead remake, no Del Toro. I wonder if he's even involved with the writing anymore.

Well, according to the rumors, if I remember correctly, Del Toro wrote that script and suggested those actors, but he walked away voluntarily from the project because of multiple reasons, like the uncertainty of the movie ever happening and wanting to pursue his own personal projects like Pacific Rim 2 and Crimson Peak.

Hopefully they can bring him back in.

From what I read, they'd still be working from his script, which is supposed to be great, so, I'm still game. Especially if those casting rumors were to come to fruition.

Well, according to the rumors, if I remember correctly, Del Toro wrote that script and suggested those actors, but he walked away voluntarily from the project because of multiple reasons, like the uncertainty of the movie ever happening and wanting to pursue his own personal projects like Pacific Rim 2 and Crimson Peak.

Hopefully they can bring him back in.
Why does this always happen to del Toro lol next thing you know they will be making at the mountains of madness from his script with a different director.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Why does this always happen to del Toro lol next thing you know they will be making at the mountains of madness from his script with a different director.
I know, poor guy's been on a roll :lol first he gets this "pushed back indefinitely", only to revive it without him, then PR2 gets pushed back, then the Silent Hills game, now Crimson Peak isn't doing so good.

I feel like JL Dark is exactly the boost he needs.

Most directors/artists work on various projects once, the sad part is that none of the bad stuff that's happened to him lately is his fault, it's the money people who cancel stuff on him for whatever reason.

colinstantine-159913.jpg

Back