Guillermo Del Toro is helming a Justice League: Dark movie?/General DC Movie Hub

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
The project, tentatively titled "Heaven Sent", is said to center around a group of DC's supernatural characters, not unlike those in DC's Justice League: Dark series. The group is said to consist of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna, her father, Zatara, Etrigan the Demon, The Phantom Stranger, Sargon, and The Spectre.

https://latino-review.com/2012/11/0...powers-revivial-jj-abrams-guillermo-del-toro/

I don't know if I believe it or not. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it happen.

Update: https://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/07/guillermo-del-toro-talks-dark-universe-his-dc-movie

Thanks to YoNoSe for the link!:rock

Today, April 27th, The Wall Street journal detailed Warner Bros.' Plans for the DC Universe in film. While the official announcement of a Justice League film was the most high-profile, they also announced plans for properties such as Shazam, The Metal Men, and Vertigo titles such as 100 Bullets and Fables:

https://blogs.wsj.com/articles.php?guid=BL-SEB-80848&dsk=y

Last edited:
Re: Guillermo Del Toro is helming a Justice League: Dark movie?

4007g6675.gif

A Guillermo Del Toro Swamp Thing. Can't wait!

2546662-swamp_thing.jpg

Oh my yes.

Sounds too good to be true, but I can't think of anyone better for such a project than Del Toro.

Bring on Swamp Thing, Etrigan, Doc Fate, John Constantine, Zatanna,Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Deadman,Sandman,etc and all the rest baby!...I would just love that...Del Toro as good as anyone could pull this off...The Alan Moore group Swamp Thing was one of the best Comic series ever

Last edited:

Hope it happens

Sounds too good to be true, but I can't think of anyone better for such a project than Del Toro.

I can't see this happening, I mean, I also hope it does but this might just be a dream he has that never happens. I love Guillermo but he loves to say he is going to do this movie or that movie and he never does them because he is so busy,

This would be a dream come true film...

This would pretty much be the greatest thing to ever happen.

Dougie Jones for Deadman please!

I like the way that sounds. Alan Moore has usually been done a disservice with his work translated into movie form. Filmmakers just don't seem to get what he was going for, much less to approach his level of storytelling skill. The V and Watchmen adaptations are the only really decent ones, and they only succeed by sticking very closely to the source material.

I think del Toro gets the kind of horror that Alan Moore brought to his Swamp Thing run, which is really the only reason anyone cares about Swamp Thing anyway. So, this could be something that got a large, mass audience to care about Swamp Thing, Constantine, and some others. Seems to be too good an idea for the morons running DC's film division, though.

Boy what's next?..A Marvel Werewolf by Night/Tomb of Dracula/Monster of Frankenstein/Man-Thing Movie...Man I hope so!

No. What about At the Mountains of Madness? :mad:

That too and Hellboy 3.....Hell I would love to see Del Toro do a Sequel or Prequel to Blade Runner as well

Back