Warner Bros. Will Announce New DC Comics Movie; Could It Be JUSTICE LEAGUE ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are assuming a lot of things that they will introduce all the characters in one movie just because they decided to introduce Batman and Wonder Woman in Man of Steel 2.

And if you look at it it's a smart move on behalf of DC Comics they can introduce Batman without having to redo an origin story Wonder Woman will play a supporting role so not much risk there. As far as the other justice league characters we do not know what the lineup will be I think that they will be able to determine whether or not the character can be introduced with out a solo movie first or will he need a separate introduction. Justice league no matter how grand of a movie is still just one movie they want to build a franchise with their characters.

As far as casting choice if the actors fit in with the overall look of and feel of the movie then it makes sense. We do not know the full details of the story or how it's going to be played out we cannot make it judgment on which actors are best fits. Everything has to serve the story including the actors if they do not then it is not the right fit regardless of how we might like or dislike the actor.

Didn't they already announce that MoS2 would be coming AFTER Justice league?

I don't follow DC comics but as an outside observer it seems quite limited compared to Marvel. In Marvel you have the Cosmic side, the street level side, the X-Men side, the supernatural side & the Avengers side.

In DC it seems you have the Green Lantern Space side, the Batfamily side and the Justice League side. Many of them feature the same characters compared to Marvel which seems yo have a bigger roster throughout.

DC has the toolbox to pull off any genre they want to attempt. They could easily have gone toe-to-toe with Marvel, and realistically, should've beaten them to the punch. What they've lacked to date is the ability and faith (which is most important) to pull it off convincingly.

I don't follow DC comics but as an outside observer it seems quite limited compared to Marvel. In Marvel you have the Cosmic side, the street level side, the X-Men side, the supernatural side & the Avengers side.

In DC it seems you have the Green Lantern Space side, the Batfamily side and the Justice League side. Many of them feature the same characters compared to Marvel which seems yo have a bigger roster throughout.
No, both comic franchises have a wide range of options. DC actually has a bit more range IMO, because they've got the Vertigo stuff--Sandman, Constantine, Swamp Thing, etc. But within their own "universe," DC has the Teen Titans, the Justice Society, Infinity, Inc., the Justice League (of America, of Europe, International, of Antarctica, etc.), the Outsiders, the Doom Patrol, the Legion of Superheroes, the New Gods, the Marvel Family, the Challengers of the Unknown, the Blackhawks, multiple (even infinite) universes with variations like the Crime Syndicate, the Metal Men, Sgt. Rock, OMAC, Warlord, Kamandi, various magicians, vigilantes, and international heroes, etc., characters from other dimensions like Mxyzptlk, supernatural characters out the wazoo, and that's just off the top of my head.

Yeah, Dc is just as wide spanning as Marvel. Marvel just beat them to the punch which boggles the mind because DC is owned by Warner Brothers. After the success of Superman in 78 WB should have been churning out movies like crazy, and even more so after Batman in 89. The fact that they didn't is nuts. All of those characters all of those great ideas just sitting there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Marvel is making Antman. Where the heck is the Atom film? I know GL was a dud, but that should not stop them from learning from what they did wrong and make a Hawkman film. If they use more comic writers to make scripts these movies should be spot on! Imagine a Mark Waid written DC movie, or Kurt Busiek?

Yeah, as Nam once argued, I think it's a clear sign of WB's ineptitude that, despite having none of the limitations Marvel Studios does (3 of Marvel's biggest franchises taken off the table from the get-go), they've just struggled, strategically, and in terms of actual execution (Nolan Batfilms aside), while Marvel Studios knocks it out of the park consistently. Keeping Snyder and Goyer as the apparent leaders of their new film strategy feels like a massive misstep to me. But, I would love to be proven wrong.

No, both comic franchises have a wide range of options. DC actually has a bit more range IMO, because they've got the Vertigo stuff--Sandman, Constantine, Swamp Thing, etc. But within their own "universe," DC has the Teen Titans, the Justice Society, Infinity, Inc., the Justice League (of America, of Europe, International, of Antarctica, etc.), the Outsiders, the Doom Patrol, the Legion of Superheroes, the New Gods, the Marvel Family, the Challengers of the Unknown, the Blackhawks, multiple (even infinite) universes with variations like the Crime Syndicate, the Metal Men, Sgt. Rock, OMAC, Warlord, Kamandi, various magicians, vigilantes, and international heroes, etc., characters from other dimensions like Mxyzptlk, supernatural characters out the wazoo, and that's just off the top of my head.

You forgot Jonah Hex.:thwak I know the movie was terrible, but I still hope that, at some point in my lifetime, he gets a chance to redeem himself. In a perfect world, DC would launch a "DC Comics Presents" anthology show on HBO, with single-shot stories of some of their more obscure characters. A Jonah Hex episode, Deadwood style, Sgt. Rock & Easy Company in a one-shot a la Band of Brothers; The House of Mystery, etc. I could dig it.:lecture

They have the Fourth World stuff to draw from, nothing to do with GL.
As for JL/JS, just about every DC hero is affiliated in some way. :lol
They have a pretty strong supernatural core as well.
It's just a matter of them picking the best to work on screen and making them work. This is the best time for them to try. We'll eat up anything superhero right now. :)

You forgot Jonah Hex.:thwak I know the movie was terrible, but I still hope that, at some point in my lifetime, he gets a chance to redeem himself. In a perfect world, DC would launch a "DC Comics Presents" anthology show on HBO, with single-shot stories of some of their more obscure characters. A Jonah Hex episode, Deadwood style, Sgt. Rock & Easy Company in a one-shot a la Band of Brothers; The House of Mystery, etc. I could dig it.:lecture
If Hex gets another chance of any kind, I think it will be as the futuristic anachronism instead of another story told during the Civil War.

They've never even announced Justice League. Face it, nam; Batman vs. Superman is Man of Steel 2

No, we all know that.. well, we know they weren't happy enough with MoS to do a straight sequel so it's become a Batman film guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman which was postponed to fix huge issues and put some distance between BvS and MoS. :lol But I thought there was an interview some time after the announcement that Terrio was taking over writing duties, that they would be doing BvS which would lead directly into JL with MoS2 following after JL. I have zero desire to go scouring that thread for it though. :lol

If Hex gets another chance of any kind, I think it will be as the futuristic anachronism instead of another story told during the Civil War.

Oh god, no...Wait, how would that even work? Last time I checked, Bounty Hunters were glorified bail bondsmen with reality shows and bleach blonde super-mullets. Then I think about the scar, the military, etc. I can literally think of no way to translate that.

No, we all know that.. well, we know they weren't happy enough with MoS to do a straight sequel so it's become a Batman film guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman which was postponed to fix huge issues and put some distance between BvS and MoS. :lol But I thought there was an interview some time after the announcement that Terrio was taking over writing duties, that they would be doing BvS which would lead directly into JL with MoS2 following after JL. I have zero desire to go scouring that thread for it though. :lol

Nope, Terrio's doing some rewrites, but there's been no mention of JL or MoS 2. I love how it's all about "it's a Batman movie guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman, now." Why? Because all the focus is seemingly on Batman? That's the public's focus, that doesn't mean it's the filmmaker's. Snyder has made it pretty clear that this film ties into MoS (okay, maybe not clear, but, regarding stuff like the destruction in Metropolis, and Superman's actions, he's coyly acknowledged that there's going to be direct fallout, and said events are probably why Batman is involved to begin with). We put the focus on Batman because he's new; we already know what Superman's going to look like, in general. There's just a curiosity that needs to be satiated. Point is, it's people that are getting it in their heads that this is a Batman movie, not filmmakers. Maybe I'm wrong, but, even if it is a Batman film, this is your MoS 2.

DC is probably announcing that in light of Man of Steel's fan feedback of breaking Zod's neck and the hate on the casting for Batman vs. Superman, they've decided to pull the plug and reboot Superman...AGAIN.

Well if the nu DC movie Universe is good at anything, it is addressing criticisms of past efforts. Because that's what Man of Steel did. . .and pretty much all it did. So yeah, I'm sure they'll do a great job of trying to apologize for the previous films with subsequent ones, probably to the detriment of making creative and interesting new films.

DC is probably announcing that in light of Man of Steel's fan feedback of breaking Zod's neck and the hate on the casting for Batman vs. Superman, they've decided to pull the plug and reboot Superman...AGAIN.

Why would they give a **** what anybody thinks? They know what they're doing, and we don't. Affleck, Eisenberg, Gadot; it's happenin'.
tumblr_ml0iadwzNg1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Think of what something as left field as Mister Miracle and Big Barda getting a movie could do to opening a door that DC could really build on. :D
Romance for the ladies, and action for the guys. Bright colors for the kiddies.

Back