Warner Bros. Will Announce New DC Comics Movie; Could It Be JUSTICE LEAGUE ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, Terrio's doing some rewrites, but there's been no mention of JL or MoS 2. I love how it's all about "it's a Batman movie guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman, now." Why? Because all the focus is seemingly on Batman? That's the public's focus, that doesn't mean it's the filmmaker's. Snyder has made it pretty clear that this film ties into MoS (okay, maybe not clear, but, regarding stuff like the destruction in Metropolis, and Superman's actions, he's coyly acknowledged that there's going to be direct fallout, and said events are probably why Batman is involved to begin with). We put the focus on Batman because he's new; we already know what Superman's going to look like, in general. There's just a curiosity that needs to be satiated. Point is, it's people that are getting it in their heads that this is a Batman movie, not filmmakers. Maybe I'm wrong, but, even if it is a Batman film, this is your MoS 2.

If BvS and JL are set to film back-to-back, where would they fit the MoS sequel? :lol I bet we see an "official" Man of Steel 2 some time after JL, to coincide with Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (with Johnson as Stewart) films. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised as well, if they "Hulk" Batman, saving him for cameos and team-ups to put a bit more distance between Affleck's and Bales (which I think is a missed opportunity).

I don't think Johnson as Stewart is happening, and, again, this IS the Man of Steel sequel. It just happens to have Batman in it. If we see anything post JL, it will be MoS 3, not 2.

Nope, Terrio's doing some rewrites, but there's been no mention of JL or MoS 2. I love how it's all about "it's a Batman movie guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman, now." Why? Because all the focus is seemingly on Batman? That's the public's focus, that doesn't mean it's the filmmaker's. Snyder has made it pretty clear that this film ties into MoS (okay, maybe not clear, but, regarding stuff like the destruction in Metropolis, and Superman's actions, he's coyly acknowledged that there's going to be direct fallout, and said events are probably why Batman is involved to begin with). We put the focus on Batman because he's new; we already know what Superman's going to look like, in general. There's just a curiosity that needs to be satiated. Point is, it's people that are getting it in their heads that this is a Batman movie, not filmmakers. Maybe I'm wrong, but, even if it is a Batman film, this is your MoS 2.

Took the words out of mouth in any event the Man of Steel universe is set to be the new DC standard as upcoming movies are going to be set in this time line. Man of Steel was a success maybe not as big as Iron Man but still helped serve as a launch pad to other movies and yes B v S might be DC way of capturing some of that Avengers money but it does not mean it will be a bad movie. In fact its rather smart on behalf of the studio has they can introduce Batman , a fan favorite and tried and tested character, in to this world with out having to go through the whole origin story again.

I am more interested in what other characters they might introduce has I previously mentioned Superman and Batman both have strong fan base and several plot lines that they can tap , but beyond those two characters which other characters does DC have in mind to introduce us to ?

I am more interested in what other characters they might introduce has I previously mentioned Superman and Batman both have strong fan base and several plot lines that they can tap , but beyond those two characters which other characters does DC have in mind to introduce us to ?

Wonder Woman. ;)

Think of what something as left field as Mister Miracle and Big Barda getting a movie could do to opening a door that DC could really build on. :D
Romance for the ladies, and action for the guys. Bright colors for the kiddies.
I would love something like that, if they had the creative team to do it justice. Apart from the things you point out, those are such wacky, unconventional characters. Particularly Miracle as the self-promoting entertainer. Really, Justice League International was a dream movie of mine from years on back, and I would still love to see it--Beetle, Booster, Mr. Miracle, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner, etc. I think I would rather see that and del Toro's proposed "Dark" Justice League over the conventional one. If Marvel Studios were in charge, a Justice League Antarctica movie would probably be in the works by now.

I'm reminded of that old skit by the State

Batman: Well, the volcano's exploded, we've got to act fast.

Superman: Right, Batman, Robin, you find some way to block future transmissions. Wonder Woman, you stop Dr. Spiker, and find out what he knows. Flash, run to the Andes Mountains, and get those plants. I'll go stop the missiles that have already been launched. Aquaman, you go...talk to some fish!

I'm reminded of that old skit by the State

Batman: Well, the volcano's exploded, we've got to act fast.

Superman: Right, Batman, Robin, you find some way to block future transmissions. Wonder Woman, you stop Dr. Spiker, and find out what he knows. Flash, run to the Andes Mountains, and get those plants. I'll go stop the missiles that have already been launched. Aquaman, you go...talk to some fish!

z2BkPXH.png

Just saw a video by IGN saying that they are rebooting the Green Lantern. Hopefully Mark Strong will be recast as Sinestro.

Just rewatched the video, it seems that tge guy who cowrote wity Nolans on the Dark Knight trilogy is just INTERESTED in redoing GL.

My mistake. Nothing set in stone yet.

Back