Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, watch Timberlake get it lol!..and Beyonce will get Wonder Woman..i can't stand it when non-fans of these characters beg to play them in movies just to have the bragging rights, absolutely retarded!.

Although I like Timberlake, he is nowhere close in my mind of being Hal.

Reynold....again I'm a fan, but he is Wade and that's how I will see him.

Just leaves Cooper and......he is certainly the best pick of the 3 in my opinion. Not the 3 I would have in mind, yet I continue to hold out hope for this flick. I mean it's up there with Avenger's as my most anticipated flick.

Ryan Reynolds it is.

Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of “Green Lantern,” getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture’s budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy “The Proposal,” which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover” star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds’ reps at UTA are working out his deal.

The actor will next star in “Buried,” a dark indie drama that will begin filming shortly in Barcelona with Spanish director Rodrigo Cortes. Reynolds will play a civilian contractor who is kidnapped in Iraq and awakes in a coffin, struggling against time to coordinate a rescue even though he doesn’t know where he’s buried in the desert.

https://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/07/ryan-reynolds-is-the-green-lantern.html?nid=2854

He went from possibly playing Wally West in Goyer's THE FLASH and setting up his role in DEADPOOL to playing Hal? That is very shocking. I'm surprised that WB would want an active Marvel actor to be in this....I think he can look the part but I hope they don't turn Hal into too much Ryan Reynolds instead of the other way around.

Hal Jordan > Wally West. And just about any director is better than Goyer. I don't blame Reynolds for the choice, at all.

As far as him playing Deadpool, I really doubt DC/WB cares... especially since that character's live action portrayal at the end of WOLVERINE is a laughing-stock. Reynolds probably wants to distance himself from it for a bit.

Reynolds already signed on to do a Deadpool spin-off, although this might kill that.

I really like Reynolds - but he's a similar character in everything he does, and that character is NOT Hal Jordan. But I do think he's a decent actor, so hopefully he can grow into it.

I really like Reynolds - but he's a similar character in everything he does, and that character is NOT Hal Jordan. But I do think he's a decent actor, so hopefully he can grow into it.
Pretty much my thoughts. He was fine as Deadpool, I could even see him as Wally West, but I don't see him as Hal at all. But who knows? Maybe he can pull it off somehow.

Have you guys watched Blade: Trinity? Reynolds was the only shining light in that film, unless you count Jessica Biel's ipod product schilling while punching vampires.

I've seen most of Reynold's films, he is diversifying his starring roles. Smokin' Aces, X-Men, Definitely Maybe, The Proposal. He still needs a break-out role, though. He's the reason why I'm finally giving the GL film project more than a passing glance.

However, I really thought Bradley cooper had the look and demeanor. Oh well, as long as it isn't Timberlake.

504x_greenlantern.jpg

this surprised me. I was getting used to the idea of worthington or Pine being in this role. but I must say that Timberlake would be awful in this so at least there is a rainbow of hope.

Timberlake has earned a lot of respect from me for his appearances on SNL. He definitely has some acting chops, although I'd rather see him in a comedy. But I have to say he'd be my last choice of the 3 mentioned.

I agree, Dave. Though most of us guffaw at the idea of Timberlake as an actor, he has been mostly praised for his serious onscreen performances so far. I really liked the film Alpha Dog (sad, sad movie) and JT was actually pretty good. I did not like Richard Kelly's Southland Tales, but not in spite of JT.

I just hope reynolds can pull it off without making it a complete comedy. He was great in blade trinity and pretty much made that movie bareable but Green lantern should be taken seriously. (imo)

No offense against John Stewart fans but there is ONLY ONE GREEN LANTERN!

^^^^ John Stewart. ^^^^ Kyle Rayner. ^^^^ Guy Gardner. :lol

greenlantern2.jpg

Ryan%20Reynolds%20Green%20Lantern%20.jpg

You know who would have made a decent Hal Jordan back in the day:

halrose.jpg

Back