Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the GL game the other day. Simple, straight-up brawler but the variety of constructs made it enjoyable. Doesn't have the depth of Arkham Asylum, more along the lines of Wolverine Origins but even breezier. If I finished it in a week I imagine a hardcore gamer could knock it out in a couple of sittings.

I would recommend it to a GL fan but maybe wait for a price drop.

I finished the GL game the other day. Simple, straight-up brawler but the variety of constructs made it enjoyable. Doesn't have the depth of Arkham Asylum, more along the lines of Wolverine Origins but even breezier. If I finished it in a week I imagine a hardcore gamer could knock it out in a couple of sittings.

I would recommend it to a GL fan but maybe wait for a price drop.

Good to know. Thanks for the review!!! I'll definitely check it out.

I know lantern rocks. Thus far I prefer Hal as GL. What is your take on the other lanterns? Other good reads from other Lanterns standpoint?

BTW, I may be in the minority but I love the suit, mask not so much......

John really shines in JLU moresoe then in the comic books. For a lot of folks who don't read the comics John is the GL who they know of. Other than Mosiac I don't know many John centric lantern stories. Guy worked in the comics during the JLI days but otherwise he's a c grade secondary lantern. I personally have little insight into Kyle other than some stories about him and Jade ( the original green lantern's daughter).

I actually like the current storyline of Mon-El being a lantern duing the legion days but who knows whats going to happen with the reboot.

Evan

Off topic, but did you get the Thor video game? I heard it got horrible reviews, but never really followed up on it.

The GL looks really good to me though. (But then again, so did Thor, IMO. :()

I did. It was fun. Its not gonna blow people away in anything it does but it was fun to go around and kick ass as Thor.

Interesting article. Hopefully we'll see a sequel. :yess:

Saw it at a noon matinee on father's day and the theater was pretty packed, first time I've had to sit in the first 10 rows of a large theater in a long time (though I rarely go to opening weekends).

I'm a big DC fan and I had a bit of chills watching the opening scenes just because it's Green Lantern, not Superman not Batman but GL, I'm still a bit shocked that a GL movie got made, a few years back I'd never have even given it a second thought.

I really didn't see all the major hits it's getting from the critics, it was a good summer popcorn flick, the acting was good for the most part, I didn't mind Blake Lively at all, Reynolds looked the part and I thought he did a good job of keeping it light when he needed and being more serious when he needed. The CGI looked good and the movie kept me entertained and engaged. I thought the ending was a bit rushed and I would have liked to seen more of OA and the corps but it was first and formost a Hal Jordan GL movie.

I liked it more than Thor, which at least for me felt flat. I liked it as much as Xmen first class, but I also think they are very different superhero movies.

I really hope they make a sequal.

Evan

:goodpost: Good review, Jair. :D

Because I want Green Lantern 2: Electric Boogaloo, that's why ::yess:

:lol :lol

I'm definitely going to get the GL game once the price drops. My game backlog stack is getting higher every week so by the time I get through the GL game should be around $20.

It's a shame, because I was really open to the concept. I even recently watched First Flight out of curiosity and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Not being a GL fan, the animated film put me in a positive place in prep for the live-action movie. Again, what a shame.

Lame villain, shaky character motivations, nonsensical plot occurences, an unlikeable hero, a boring damsel, a rushed training sequence, very little in the way of interplanetary adventure, a terribly anti-climactic final battle, it goes on. I could not dislike this movie any more if I tried.

It's a shame, because I was really open to the concept. I even recently watched First Flight out of curiosity and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Not being a GL fan, the animated film put me in a positive place in prep for the live-action movie. Again, what a shame.

Hey at least you know now how GL could/should be. Sometimes I wish they would just take one of the animated scripts and make it live action. Check out the new one Emerald Knights. It's good too.

I liked this way better than Emerald Knights. I didn't like the flashback nature of EK. Basically it said to me that the present day story wasn't that important or significant if they could go off on 10-20 minute flashback stories. And much like the movie, Krona wasn't taken down fairly easily and quickly. Plus Jason Issacs should have made a fantastic Sinestro had he used his Lucius Malfoy voice. Whatever he was doing for this just didn't work for me, but I thought he was a great choice based on what he did with Malfoy. Too bad it didn't work out in the end.

Hey at least you know now how GL could/should be. Sometimes I wish they would just take one of the animated scripts and make it live action. Check out the new one Emerald Knights. It's good too.

Yeah, I'll catch Emerald Knights when I have the chance. I might even consider picking up one the GL books. I didn't think First Flight was amazing (It suffers from being short, like most DC animated films), but I thought its beats were better than the Reynolds film.

I liked the film, but if Blake Lively wasn't in it I don't think I would've enjoyed it half as much.

:lol :lol

I tried, man. I almost convinced myself that I did kinda, sorta liked it. Fortunately, that only lasted until I reached the parking lot. Reason prevailed.

I have no problem with statements like that. Watching this movie me feel like I was twelve so I get it. It's definitely an acquired taste that much has been proven but even the second time I just felt it was fun.

Back