Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch indeed.....The movie had plenty of flaws but the character has potential. I want to see a GL2 and I hope the disappointing sales doesn't affect a sequel.

I have a secret that I haven't told anyone other than my wife :lol

My fear (I would make a good GL I guess :lol) is that Hollywood stops making big budget Superhero movies and they go back to the low budget crap fests they once were :horror :monkey2 :thud:

How come these Weekend reports came out way before Father's day had even ended? I honestly think today would have been quite profitable for the movie

Exactly what I was thinking - I guess they are preliminary best guesses. So numbers could yet be a bit better - or worse. I think it will be about 55

How come these Weekend reports came out way before Father's day had even ended? I honestly think today would have been quite profitable for the movie

They're just estimates right now. Official numbers probably won't be out until tomorrow.

I see another piece of ____ ____ing Pirate Movie has made a ____ load of money. Why? Why? Why do we have to endure another one of those films. How come word of mouth does not kill of this ____ sandwich of a franchise, when it's done damage to Green Lantern.

I see another piece of ____ ____ing Pirate Movie has made a ____ load of money. Why? Why? Why do we have to endure another one of those films. How come word of mouth does not kill of this ____ sandwich of a franchise, when it's done damage to Green Lantern.

Because the franchise isn't bad for most people as it is for you. :dunno I like the franchise quite a bit but was disappointed in the last one.

There's only so much 300 Sideshow Freak Members can accomplish, even with Mike and Josh counting as 2 each. :lol

There's only so much 300 Sideshow Freak Members can accomplish, even with Mike and Josh counting as 2 each. :lol

:hi5::hi5:

Go check Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews. They are at the same rating as Green Lantern. Also it's 33% based on the critics reviews

I know far more people that enjoy the pirates series than don't. Plus box office numbers don't lie that others enjoy going to see them. Obviously, not everyone is going to but as a whole the entire series is well liked. As I said I was disappointed with the last one and its towards the bottom of my list of movies for the whole year.

Personally, I'd like to see another POTC movie and a sequel to GL both. Why? Because, I enjoyed GL and I have enjoyed the POTC series as a whole.

That's not the point. It just winds me up that we might not get another Green Lantern movie, but you can bet Pirates 5 will be on the way in the next couple of years. :gah:

Good. Aside from the last one, I love the ____ing ____ out of the series.

Just got back from GL and I really liked it. Its not without faults but there are few movies that don't. I thought it was beautiful and one of the few full blown CGI films that I thought was extremely successful. I felt it dragged a bit but at the same time needed to be longer to have more Corp screen time. Its like they just scratched the surface. I'm also not a big fan of 3D but I thought it worked really well on this one. On the other hand I felt it was distracting during Thor. Personally I liked it as much as Thor even though they have a very different vibe to their individual presentations. After watching it I really don't see why the critics have attacked it with such force. The only reasoning that I can see is they just didn't understand it. In the same way that Watchmen was torn down, even though they are completely different styles of movie.

Just got back from seeing Green Lantern and I loved it. I'll be honest and say that some people just shouldn't go to the movies anymore because they hate everything. I've enjoyed every movie I've seen this summer. F' the critics to hell.

Doesn't look good. It's up against Cars 2 next week and I dare you to find someone who isn't going to go see that. :monkey2

I won't be seeing Cars next weekend because I'm going to see Mr. Popper's. Mom wants to see it.

The theater for Green Lantern had quite a few PEOPLE in it for GL in 3D where I was.

There....fixed.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, I enjoyed the movie so much that I had forgotten about the 3 teens sitting behind my wife and I playing their PSP game while also watching the movie, my wife just reminded me.

Where is the Punisher when you need him.

Back