Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike...you know that all the haters have nothing else in their lives but to hate on something.

Right now it's Green Lantern. Tomorrow it will be Captain America and after that who knows. To be honest...it's sad and pathetic.

Yet funny at the same time! :lol

Nice! Dad and I talked about the movie on the way home after our midnight showing.

I might pick up a TPB or two of GL at somepoint or get a sub in september when DC starts over.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seem more of the planet and interactions with other GL. Which I'm sure we'll get in the sequel since this was I think more about making you familiar with his origins.

I have Rebirth in HC and want to pick up Sinestro War and Blackest Night in HC also. :D

Thinking more about this movie...the light isnt as bright as I once thought. I still enjoyed it...but all the issues are popping out at me.

Oh well.

That will continue to happen. The editing stood out to me this time although I still enjoyed it, ironically though I appreciated the score a bit more. By the time it hits DVD it'll really get picked apart which isn't a bad thing. Sequels have a lot to live up to and if one is given by WB for GL, it can only be improved by people being constructively critical of what didn't work.

That will continue to happen. The editing stood out to me this time although I still enjoyed it, ironically though I appreciated the score a bit more. By the time it hits DVD it'll really get picked apart which isn't a bad thing. Sequels have a lot to live up to and if one is given by WB for GL, it can only be improved by people being constructively critical of what didn't work.

I still dug it for being a lighthearted movie...

The score isnt that great. The opening track I like, and the theme is interesting. But all the snyth crap inappropriatly mixed with the orchestra didnt add up to me.

Mike...you know that all the haters have nothing else in their lives but to hate on something.

Right now it's Green Lantern. Tomorrow it will be Captain America and after that who knows. To be honest...it's sad and pathetic.

Yet funny at the same time! :lol

I don't get the mind set of coming into a thread and repeating over and over not liking something. If I didn't care for a movie I'd want to forget it as soon as possible.

I have Rebirth in HC and want to pick up Sinestro War and Blackest Night in HC also. :D

I might pick something like that up just to read and get to know more than what I know know. I think I will pick up a sub in september.

For anyone looking to get more info, get Secret Origins on TPB. If you like it, it sets up Johns entire run on GL and his style will continue in September. It comes after Rebirth and SCW although chronologically it takes place during the timeframe of this film and a lot was pulled from it. That'd be the starting place I'd advise.

For anyone looking to get more info, get Secret Origins on TPB. If you like it, it sets up Johns entire run on GL and his style will continue in September. It comes after Rebirth and SCW although chronologically it takes place during the timeframe of this film and a lot was pulled from it. That'd be the starting place I'd advise.

Thank ya sir! :duff

No. It's an average movie. Opinions will be divided.

:) your not allowed to have an opinion that you didnt like the movie! Some liked it,but overall MANY did not! Few people here on the chat boards do not determine if the film was a success.Oviously Film critics felt otherwise and they are mostly right.It wasn't that good! But its ok if you enjoyed it too

Neither do I. People that do that are just trolling because they have nothing better in their lives to do.

Its one thing to discuss why you didn't like something but if you're just repeating the same thing over and over I just go :dunno. Ah well. To each their own I suppose. I enjoyed it and I think in the end more than most will end up liking it.

Movie is on pace to make 57-60 million this weekend.

Mainly because you've already made it well known that you didn't like the film yet you continue to hang out in this thread and continuing poking just for the sake of doing so. If you were engaging in actual conversation it'd be one thing but you haven't brought anything to the conversation except the same jokes over and over. So here is one of mine repeated:

Troll.png

Saw it for a second time today with my wife who vaguely knows about GL from me and my brother who has no clue about anything DC save Superman and Batman. Both really enjoyed the film but admitted that it wasn't perfect. My brother said he liked everything except for he felt it took too long for Hal to get his ring and that he wanted the training and fight sequences longer. My wife wished we got more time on Oa since that was the most visually striking of it all but enjoyed all the performance and even liked Blake Lively who she isn't really a fan of.

For me it was better than before because I wasn't sitting looking for things or trying to dissect the film, I just watched to watch and really let myself get into the basis of the film which follows every GL's fan's dream. One thing I did notice is though that upon second watching Reynolds felt a little less subdued. One opening night, he felt more wrangled in and while that still exists, the Reynolds gravitas and the way he delivers the lines seemed to stick out more on a second viewing that it did before, same with the way Lively delivered her lines which I didn't really mind. My brother likes Reynolds a lot so he loved it but I can see those who don't like Reynolds before entering into the film being put off.

Hector to the audience (half full at 10:55 AM in 3D) was less awe-inspiring than it was at midnight but Parallax brought more of a reaction especially during the final sequence

I'd see it again no problem if there wasn't so much still on tap.

But you continually say the Movie was awesome :dunno :panic: same difference.You have your opinion and I have mine....Attacking over an opinion or a movie doesnt change people's minds or make you a better person now does it? I am glad you enjoyed since you have told us over and over..shouldn't of you let it go now? :)

Its one thing to discuss why you didn't like something but if you're just repeating the same thing over and over I just go :dunno. Ah well. To each their own I suppose. I enjoyed it and I think in the end more than most will end up liking it.

Agreed. :D

Like I said...the haters will move on to Captain America next. Some of them are already hating on Cap! :lol

Thor hit $66 Million. The studio considered that a success because the hero wasn't well known by the general public and the mythology was a hard sell for years. Green Lantern falls in the same exact category so that is the magic number. If it can do or possibly surpass $66 Million, it'll be considered a success if it falls short, it'll be up in the air on whether they'll be another film.

Agreed. :D

Like I said...the haters will move on to Captain America next. Some of them are already hating on Cap! :lol

It's not looking all that great. Also the fact that it seems like they pretty much ignoring a huge part of history for the sake of little kids and action figures....

Thor hit $66 Million. The studio considered that a success because the hero wasn't well known by the general public and the mythology was a hard sell for years. Green Lantern falls in the same exact category so that is the magic number. If it can do or possibly surpass $66 Million, it'll be considered a success if it falls short, it'll be up in the air on whether they'll be another film.

I would think if it hits $60 million getting another would happen for sure. They did a good job with the origins part now they can go full out with a battle between Hal and Sinestro. Should do even better than the first one I'd think.

Back