Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Offical License Announcment

I was skeptical about the all-CGI suit, but it actually looks pretty sharp. The mask is the only part that I think would have worked a lot better had they made a practical mask and added some CGI effect to it. A sculpted mask would be welcome with me, since if it was just painted on, which is how it looks in the movie, I think it'd look pretty cheesy.

The best announcement of the year. I'm so psyched for this.

I'm curious to see how the figure (or figures) turn out given how unusual the costumes are. I don't see myself ever buying a Hal, but if they get around to Sinestro I might consider it.

I can't wait to see how they'll figure out the suit part, and lighting
hope everything turns out great!

Cool. Hope the movie doesn't suck.

Who cares if the movie sucks? If GL looks nice, I'll have 3 members (Reeve Supes, TDK Batman and a decent looking GL) of the JLA in my collection which will look great next to Thor, IM and Cap for the Avengers. :D

The movie would make it for me, too. I don't want an expensive 12 inch figure to remind me of a failed movie. I think the suit will be made entirely of rubber and I've read too much horror stories with rubber suits that I still shudder when I look at my TDK figure fearing the worst. Plus, the high forehead on Reynolds is really bugging me. i don't recall him having such a high forehead in any of his movies. He looks so clean cut. I want my Hal reckless and gung-ho, which Reynolds should have excelled at. I get this feeling that it's not going to come out that way. Ah well, still can't wait to see the movie and the figure reveal.

This is how I expect Hal to look:

picture.php

Who cares if the movie sucks? If GL looks nice, I'll have 3 members (Reeve Supes, TDK Batman and a decent looking GL) of the JLA in my collection which will look great next to Thor, IM and Cap for the Avengers. :D

:goodpost:

While i'm not going to have him displayed with batman and superman, i've been waiting a long time for a HT quality GL and i'll be getting this whether or not the movie is good and whether or not he's made of rubber lol

:exactly: I cannot wait for the specs.

Not quite. They are hitting a lot of licenses but making one or two of each and then moving on. If this were the olden Sideshow days where they went completely in-depth and made 13 or 14 figures within a line then maybe.

This is very sad really, it seems the only lines that realy got loads of attention are Iron Man, Batman, terminator and resident evil.

Recently though there have been more and more announcements with little results.

The striated muscle look of the suit still bothers me...

Yeah, if the figure looks good, I'll get it regardless.

That's my way of thinking about things. It's why I picked up Ghost Rider, and Wolverine. My only issue is that I don't really care for the movie GL look. But when I try to envision the Hot Toys version in my mind, I think it could somehow look better than how he looks on the screen.

But if they do a damn rubber suit. . .I just don't know if I can support HT doing anymore of that.

if they do a damn rubber suit. . .I just don't know if I can support HT doing anymore of that.

What else could it be, a rubber body? I don't think that would fair much better....paint and longevity wise :dunno

I know some hate seeing joints, but yeah, more sculpted parts that are complemented with the PVC material has worked pretty well with several of their more recent releases (including Bruce Lee), and could work well here IMO.

DX Bats is little more than a glorified statue, and that's not what an action figure is supposed to be IMO. And of course, there are other issues associated with the durability of rubber, and with the OC Batman we've seen some discoloration as well with the black.

TO be quite honest i'd sacrifice poseability for realism/accuracy any day. I hardly change the pose on my figures once i'm happy with the way they're posed - that's just me though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back