GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D3oEHZIU0AAucCX.jpg

Crappy quality, but something new.

The footage, music and sound effects remain impeccable BUT can the characters just stop speaking because it’s been nothing but embarrassing dialogue in every single scene shown so far.

The “pets” line has been the only time words have been said where I didn’t cringe.

So I see that Godzilla gets Mothra silk on him. :rock

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think they're promoting the humor heavily to make people come, don't know how successful that will be, but I'm hoping that's just a bit of the overall dialogue and for the most part it's enjoyable.

Its still a step wayy above any of Godzilla 2014's dialogue

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I don’t remember any jokes being made in 14 it was quite the serious movie with thoughtful dialogue.

“Let them fight” was great and the dialogue free visual gags were well executed.

But now we have arrived at Gonorrea instead of Ghidora. :slap:

It was "serious" but also extremely extremely dull. Even if this dialogue is jokey and dumb sometimes atleast its kind of interesting and feels like the characters arent about to fall asleep

The footage, music and sound effects remain impeccable BUT can the characters just stop speaking because it’s been nothing but embarrassing dialogue in every single scene shown so far.

The “pets” line has been the only time words have been said where I didn’t cringe.

I believe in you, Jye. If you can make it through Captain Marvels cringey dialogue you can do it here :lol

I will go into this film like I do every Godzilla film... Suffer through the human characters just to get to the Monster action :lol

I believe in you, Jye. If you can make it through Captain Marvels cringey dialogue you can do it here :lol

That’s Shakespeare compared to these idiots from Monarch and the Military lol

I will go into this film like I do every Godzilla film... Suffer through the human characters just to get to the Monster action :lol

And suffer you will based off these trailers. :lol

Watched 14 tonight, I still love this movie and think its a perfect reintroduction to the big G....

531787301996762f87fb5022c1a8c58b.jpg
c61a0281f72b52deeceebd5520e6d2a3.jpg

3550df0d45376325736c9e782c60031b.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Their designs werent the most inspired but I did love how they moved, felt very natural but alien at the same time

Christ, this dialogue.

"Ghi-what?"

"Gonorrhea?"

"Is it just me or has he been working out?"

I get that these are big, dumb monster movies but the writers don't have to treat them as such to get asses in seats. Even the first Pacific Rim had some class to it. This feels like it was written by a frat bro in a drunken, ironic stupor. I hope this is just a case of poor trailer editing, but I can't shake the feeling that this will be a trash film apart from the effects.

I truly believe they are choosing quippy lines to appeal to the younger, dumber crowd thinking they need to look “fun” with the humans to get asses in the seats, but the actual film will have quality dialogue. I expect Serizawa to give some good stuff, and I think we’ll have some heavy drama with Millie’s family dynamic.

I truly believe they are choosing quippy lines to appeal to the younger, dumber crowd thinking they need to look “fun” with the humans to get asses in the seats, but the actual film will have quality dialogue. I expect Serizawa to give some good stuff, and I think we’ll have some heavy drama with Millie’s family dynamic.

Yeah I would hope your correct.

We really do not need “Momma” type jokes in this. But thats what works with a certain paying section of the crowd. Those folks are gonna outnumber the geek kaiju fans who want a serious tone.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back