Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where can i get this :lol

nmG41l8.png

I think I've watched this movie once a week since I've gotten it. Sometimes it's just running in the background, but I don't think it's left my bluray player since I put it in there :lol

I watch it mostly on my phone at night but I've watched the Blu Ray a few times when I can, I actually like it more and more with each viewing.

I think I've watched this movie once a week since I've gotten it. Sometimes it's just running in the background, but I don't think it's left my bluray player since I put it in there :lol

You know I might have now seen Godzilla more than any 2014 movie (including TWS) at this point as well. The reason? MY KIDS. As much as I've tried to get my almost 5 year old son to be a diehard SW or Marvel fan this new Godzilla might just BE his Star Wars. He can't get enough of it and begs to watch it every few days. He loves it, loves it, loves it. As does my 8 year old daughter. It has just struck a real chord with them. They want to know the mythology of Godzilla, how many there are supposed to be, did he really exist, they're constantly asking what kind of electric devices have "radiation" in them out of curiosity as to whether a MUTO might hunt them down, everything.

My boy wants a Godzilla poster, Godzilla toys, a MUTO costume for Halloween (no joke.) All the Bikini Island footage at the beginning made them want to watch and even sit through, beginning to end, the 1954 version.

I've probably watched it 8 or 9 times now, and honestly, I still think its pretty freaking awesome. Nothing beats that first tail lightup, all the kids screaming inside the bus as they drive by Godzilla being shot by the army, or the final MUTO kill.

The audio of the kids screaming was great, the movie could have used more such reactions. Most was the typical crowd fleeing sounds, but there was such genuine terror in those kids, you could feel it.

You know I might have now seen Godzilla more than any 2014 movie (including TWS) at this point as well. The reason? MY KIDS. As much as I've tried to get my almost 5 year old son to be a diehard SW or Marvel fan this new Godzilla might just BE his Star Wars. He can't get enough of it and begs to watch it every few days. He loves it, loves it, loves it. As does my 8 year old daughter. It has just struck a real chord with them. They want to know the mythology of Godzilla, how many there are supposed to be, did he really exist, they're constantly asking what kind of electric devices have "radiation" in them out of curiosity as to whether a MUTO might hunt them down, everything.

My boy wants a Godzilla poster, Godzilla toys, a MUTO costume for Halloween (no joke.) All the Bikini Island footage at the beginning made them want to watch and even sit through, beginning to end, the 1954 version.

I've probably watched it 8 or 9 times now, and honestly, I still think its pretty freaking awesome. Nothing beats that first tail lightup, all the kids screaming inside the bus as they drive by Godzilla being shot by the army, or the final MUTO kill.

That's awesome (the muto costume especially) :lol. I tried to get my 5 and 6 year old nephews to watch it, but their papa wouldn't let them. Says it's too scary. Which may be true. I dunno :lol. So I had them watch Godzilla 2000 and they loved it. They pleaded to watch the newest one aferwards but papa wouldn't budge. Gotta wait a few years :lol

The audio of the kids screaming was great, the movie could have used more such reactions. Most was the typical crowd fleeing sounds, but there was such genuine terror in those kids, you could feel it.

Yeah. That one shrieking kid is great. One thing this movie nailed in general was sound design. I loved that they gave each monster a "rising" sound.

Yes! If the whole movie featured people reacting to Godzilla like that, holy crap that would have been awesome.

That's the one real flaw I'd mark the movie for. The type of characters it focused on, military, scientists, doctors, etc. sort of took away a lot of opportunity for emotional reaction and serious drama, every main character kept their emotions bottled up and put on a brave face all the time, so it feels a little flat in that regard, hopefully there's more every day type people brought into the sequels to give a better connection for the audience.

That's awesome (the muto costume especially) :lol. I tried to get my 5 and 6 year old nephews to watch it, but their papa wouldn't let them. Says it's too scary. Which may be true.

It might be too scary. My kids were freaked out during the first MUTO hatching to the point where my daughter had to close her eyes until it was over. In fact I thought the whole thing was going to end right there and that I'd be forced to stop the movie. But my son (the younger one) held strong and I told my daughter she could stop watching if she wanted to but she stuck it out and ended up really loving it.

I think it really helped that the MUTO's eat energy and bombs and things. My kids were terrified when they thought it was going to start eating everyone but then were pretty much good when they realized the creatures weren't going to do that.

Don't know why I didn't connect the dots before, but...
This crap has a lot of plot similarities with the canceled 1994 Rossio/Eliott/De Bont film:
1) military thinks that Godzilla is the bigger threat;
2) Godzilla beheads the monster;
3) Godzilla saves the Earth.

Wow. Just... WOW! Now I hate this movie even more. :mad:

Back