GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 11/26/10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the shows character designer passing away! It took me a few episodes for me to get use to the design just like it did when I first started watching Genndy Tartovsky's Samurai Jack (and now Symbionic Titan)but now I love it. The show's a hit and the story lines are great so they will probably get an artist to match the design as closely as possible. You may notice a slight change next season, but it shouldn't end the show. I like it much better than Sigma Six, but Resolute is still my favorite.

Sad to hear of his passing. I don't like the character design on this show, but it shouldn't change anything. The design is implemented from the beginning of the show and duplicated. The only change would be on new characters.

I know the show is not what we Joe fans are used to, but Im gonna stick with it...

Good for you!
a-thumbsup.gif

Who was supposed to be the guard with the dog in the last episode? I thought that was supposed to be Mutt and Junkyard, but the last name isn't right. Nevermind. I googled its Law and Order. newb.

you can watch them on youtube, or thehub.com or on the actual channel the Hub if your cable provider has it.

Khev said:
From now on Dave wants all discussion of movies and television shows to be in this section.

The forum just continues to go down hill. I thought it was fine where it was, now I have to jump around the forum looking for the right place for the topic. :gah:
Anyways, the Destro episode was s---. The whole stupid Destro moniker needing an explanation and Destro now being enslaved(?) to Cobra Commander is just muddling it all up. Why can't he just be a willing bad guy arms supplier?

And kid Dr. Mindbender just keeps getting annoying. The original was goofy as hell, but at least he wasn't annoying.

About the only thing I liked was the pet snake being named Serpentor,
Although it wouldn't surprise me that in a future epi., Serpentor get's turned into a humanoid snake man by Mindbender and tries to take over Cobra.

I thought it was fitting Serpentor is a snake now since Cobra Commander got turned into a snake in the original movie. Poetic justice there.

But yeah, Destro being a slave (ala ROC) is stupid. I'd be surprised if this lasts more than a season.

Hmm...yeah Destros mask is cool, but at the same time Im not sure if I like it. Its kinda has that Frankenstein vibe going on to it.

He looks alright.

Looks like the story is heading somewhere. Hopefully they won't become renegades any longer after a season or two.

I'm ok with this series. It's a different take on the mythos but there are so many varying versions already. I just appreciate seeing my favorite characters fight it out on a weekly basis. Some of the character designs are a little out there but for the most part I can live with them. I think most of them will develop into their iconic looks, anyway ala Destro. It definitely doesn't make me angry watching it like ROC. It's pure escapist fun.

Back