Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funko are grabbing some cool licenses. They're teasing a BIG game license at Toyfair, saying if you haven't played it, it may not appeal to you.

Well ****, that sounds kinda niche to me and my tastes in games veer more towards the "mainstream".

By big i was hoping they got the elder scrolls or fallout license.

So I tried the online pick up at my second closest Barnes and Nobel. Not only did it actually work this time, they had Tyrion sitting with the extra Danys and Jon! :shock:

Haven't cracked them all open yet, but paints are decent. Dany's a little funky. Might exchange her tomorrow. The beards on John, Hound, and Ned are surprisingly well done. Tyrion's beard is a bit sloppy under his chin. Really he shouldn't have one. If they can pull off a decent wash on his face like McFarlane did with Merle, then sure, Dinklage has think beard stubble. Otherwise, leave it off. Could be worse.

Opened up the first three so far (Jon, Tyrion, Hound). Jon is great out of the box. His hand are a bit too tight to hold his sword without first prying one open. Will probably have to boil the other to get it pliable enough to hold the sword in a two handed pose - which the articulation actually allows! The snow dry brushing on him leaves something to be desired, but its better than him just coming out jet black. Longclaw has some nice detail on the blade, but the wolf's head on the hilt is basically just a white blob on the end. Little disappointing there.

Tyrion has a stuck shoulder. It will move side to side, but not forward or backward yet. Also one ankle. Some heat ought to loosen those up. Otherwise, Tyrion has about as much movement as Dinklage probably did in the armor. The skirt and shoulder armor are a nice rubber that allow for decent movement.

Hound has quite a bit of stuck joints. Elbows, ankles, etc He'll need some serious time in the hot tub to loosen up. He does have some pink scarring paint on the side of his face, but he really ought not to have come with a second eye brow. The two swords are different and quite nice. The helmet is a softer rubber material as well to fit over the head. It works rather well surprisingly. The helmet's jaw is hinged too.

So far I'm impressed with the sculpts. The paint is acceptable, but stuck joints and possible breakage will kill this line faster than a Stark outside of Winterfell.

I was tempted to get DH's Dany just to get the eggs and the chest, to be honest. But, hopefully that could be an accessory from Funko in the future, too.

Thanks for the review Buttmunch. You should take some pics when you get to opening the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got them all opened now. No breakage on any of them!

Jon is the winner of the wave for me, unexpectedly. Zero issues. No breakage, stuck joints, or bad paint. And his articulation works great.

Tyrion is probably my second favorite. The sculpt and paint are decent. Once I was able to free up his shoulder and ankle, he worked just fine. Its not my first choice of outfit for him, but I get why they did it. Its the most visually interesting in terms of an action figure. A book or wine goblet aren't as exciting as an axe wielding dwarf. And the scale is great too. His head is even appropriately slightly larger than the other figures.

Ned had zero joint issues whatsoever. However, his articulation design sucks. He can't do really anything decent with either of his swords. This is wondering around Kingslanding Ned, not head chopping off with Ice Ned.

The Hound had the most stuck joints, and I was able to free them all up. His elbow guards are just weird though. Not exactly sure whats going on there, but they want to stick out and up. My one real issue with him is that the glue holding his second sword sheath on his waist came undone. Just weak glue. I'll have to pick up some Kragle tomorrow. I find it odd he even has a second sword and sheath when the official images from Funko don't even show it. So he gets an extra sword and Dany loses two dragons :?

The White Walker had some stuck thigh cuts. Boiling and popping solved that. But he oddly fell apart at the waist/rib joint. Not broken, but his peg holding him just popped out. I think weak glue there too. So he pops back together just fine, but I probably ought to glue him down too.

Dany has some minor paint issues. She's got some crazy eyes going on and her fleshtones seem to want to scrap off around joints. Her elbows were stuck, but managed to free those. She too pops in half at the waist. She's just got a ball jointed waist. I'm thinking its maybe just a little too short to fully connect up. But she does manage to stay together, albeit very delicately. The dragon stays in place on her shoulder nicely once you get the little pegs on his feet lined up with the holes in her shoulder.

So I'd rank them:

1 Jon
2 Tyrion
3 Hound
4 Ned (just because he stays together at the waist otherwise the Walker would have him beat)
5 White Walker
6 Dany

Overall, I am happy with them, but they do require far more work to make them just move properly than they should. Breakage will be high for those lacking patience. They are also at McFarlane level paint fume smells. Stinky toys :monkey4

If you're a fan of the show, I would recommend picking them up if you want a large cast of figures. If you'd rather have just a few characters, I would stick with the DH plastic statues. The bigger seller of this line is going to be the number of figures we get I think. Plus we should get variants of the heavy hitters. So if this Dany or Tyrion isn't too your liking, just wait a bit. I'm just afraid this might be our only scar-less Tyrion. Couldn't tell you if we'd get another Ned as all that is left to do would be the DH "Winter is Coming" Ned from Winterfell. Jon could easily come in Wildling form, but his Crow black outfit is his most iconic look. And it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually get more White Walkers, but probably not for a while, if ever.

Looking forward to Toy Fair. Hope to see wave 2 and at least the line up of series 3. Hoping there will be some more deluxe items in works too like the throne, wolves, or horses and dragons. :drool

Hopefully some pics tomorrow once I get the Hound's sheath reglued.

OK, just a quickie to show the variety of sizes

53vr.jpg

Wow, they look great. Especially together like that. Love the different heights, feel like I've been saying that a lot lately. You think I should get them from B&N, or just wait if BBTS or TRU gets them?

Barnes has them exclusively for at least a month. So you're looking mid March before anybody else will even get them. I've heard MSRP is $17. Barnes has them for $20. If you're a Barnes member ($25 a year) you get 10% off of them in store or free express shipping online (but no 10% off online). So that takes them to $18. And to have them a month earlier at the least, I think that's a decent deal. I just joined the Barnes membership thing for these. I figure this wave I saved $12 by doing it, that nearly half the membership cost. And a second wave is likely to hit before the end of the year (perhaps more) so that would be another $12 saved there. Plus you get at least 10% anything in the store (including the café), and some item even 40% off. So I figure I'll get my money's worth out of it eventually. :dunno

Wow, that's a great deal and awesome idea. I'll definitely think about it, especially with series 2 coming up. I just don't have any B&N in my immediate area.. Lol but I hate waiting, so may just do it. Thanks a ton for the info

They had them at my local B&N according to the site. I went there, but they still had them in the back. Which means I didn't get to search through paint apps as I'd hoped. But she brought me out one of each (minus Tyrion, which they didn't have.) She said they have a display which is supposed to be coming soon that these go on, which is why they weren't out yet.

I still have one set of four and one set of all six coming from B&N.com. LOL. I just got impatient and wanted them NOW! I'll just take back the ones I don't need.

Overall, these are really lovely figures. Very solid construction (for the most part), the weapons are not floppy, but hard plastic. The sheathes work. The soft plastic is INCREDIBLY pliable. It's kind of amazing. It doesn't feel squishy, but feels "drier" somehow (if that makes sense) than the very soft plastic that some people use. Not sure how it'll stand up over time, but it's amazing right now. Figure breakdown:

Jon Snow - His beard isn not painted too well, but maybe I'll just fix that if I don't see a better one. I actually think he looks a good amount like Kit Harrington. If anything, a little more darkness around the eyes might have helped. His eyes are a bit thin as it is. His sword is great. Gleaming silver. The wolf's head on the end is a little soft, though. Not sure if the paint obscured some of the detail or what, there. Paint and detailing is mostly amazing. The snow is a bit iffy. No stuck joints at all.

Ned - Mine has a chip in his nose, but the paint on his body and detailing is perfect. So I might do a head swap if the paint on another body isn't so great. He looks a ton like Sean Bean to me, but he also has a badly painted beard. Not as bad as Toy Biz's first Aragorn, but not great either.

The Hound - LOVE this figure. He just looks impressive, and his swords are great. The helmet works amazingly well, and I'll probably display him that way. All my joints were fine EXCEPT the ankle joints which were stuck.

The White Walker - the joints were stiff but came loose with just gentle movement. One of my favorites of the line, to be honest. Incredible, vivid sculpt. Love the sculpt of his hands and the way he can hold his spear, which has a transparent tip!

Danerys - the sad story of the bunch. My face paint was pretty darn good, really. She looked much more like Danerys than I expected from online pictures. However, I noticed that her right arm seemed odd. The lower arm was backward, so I turned it around. I turned quite freely... because the peg was broken. It looked like they tried to shove the peg in while the paint was still wet and had a big gloop of flesh tone on the end. So, the joint wasn't all the way in AND it was impossibly encased in paint. I doubt heating it would have even helped. So I wait until Friday for her. Loved the way the dragon sat on her shoulder, though.

Last edited:
I stopped in my B&N last night and the gentleman informed me that they indeed DID have them in the backroom but was not allowed to sell until Saturday.

Well, I decided to try my luck this morning with a new crew, and the lovely customer service gal brought out everything they had.

No Tyrion, but I was able to get a great set of Ned, Jon, White Walker, Dany, and The Hound (damn he is awesome!).

Got Hound, Ned and the White Walker yesterday and Danny and Jon coming from ups. Tyrion is gonna be a pain to track down, I just know it

Got Hound, Ned and the White Walker yesterday and Danny and Jon coming from ups. Tyrion is gonna be a pain to track down, I just know it

I am very confused at what's going on with Tyrion. Not only did he sell out on B&N.com, but they've actually cancelled him from some orders for people who thought they got him! And he's not in a lot of stores. I guess there were two assortments, one with Tyrion and one without?

Pardon the pun, but I think he's just severely short packed. And sadly, Dany, the worst of the bunch, is the heavy packed figure.

Back