Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I planned on starting off with Daenerys and Tyrion and possibly get sucked into the rest once they hit other stores. No Tyrion so I just picked up Dany. I did have breakage in one of the knee joints and at the elbow unfortunately. I was able to fix up the knee just fine, but the elbow only rotates. (it wouldn't have been able to bend anyways because of the shape of the peg) So despite the QC I absolutely love the figure. It's not totally Emilia Clarke, but it's definitely Daenerys. I can look past the QC since this is Funko's first go at real figures, but hopefully it gets fixed. If not, I'm still gonna risk it because these are awesome figures.
uvetepyn.jpg

I called my local B&N this time, and the lady I spoke to put them on hold for me. I went ahead and picked up Ned Stark and Jon Snow. The facial sculpts are a little soft, but they look okay. They seem a little shorter than Star Wars black, but they are right in scale with the bridge direct's Hobbit figures.

They only had 1 of each, so I'll wait until I get another set before I open these ones because of the reports of limbs snapping off.

I look foward to see how series 2 comes out, I'll definitely get Jaime Lannister and Robb Stark.

I looked on B&N.com and none of them are available. Will the stores still have them on Saturday then, or is the online item locator for stars pretty accurate?

I looked on B&N.com and none of them are available. Will the stores still have them on Saturday then, or is the online item locator for stars pretty accurate?

The online in store pick indicator is very accurate at the beginning of the day. I've heard they update that once a day, so its accurate in the morning and less accurate as the day moves on and the possibility of them being sold goes up. Saturday is the 'official' release date, but they've called it off. Not every Barnes apparently got the memo though. Using the in store pick up is your best bet.

Went to my Barnes & Noble today and they had 1 of each except for Daenerys, which they had 3 of. Ned had paint slop all over his tabard, White Walker had an all-white eye, Jon Snow was probably the best quality wise, but his facial hair looked like someone smeared poo all over his face. The Tyrion sculpt just didn't remotely resemble Dinklage, plus he had the smeared poo appearance so I passed on him as well.

I bought the one Hound figure they had, and one of the three Daenerys (all of which were surprisingly good in the QC department).

Haven't opened Daenerys yet but I opened The Hound earlier and I've gotta say, he's a fantastic figure. He easily has the strongest likeness of this series and his armor/weapons have the most detail IMO.

That helmet he comes with...just amazing. It looks like real metal, and is unbelievably detailed for a figure of this size. Only complaint with him is that it's very difficult to remove the helmet from his head.

The guy I talked to said they were expecting another shipment soon, so I might stop by later in the week and see if any of the Neds, Jons or White Walkers have better QC.

If any of you are on the fence about this line I'd suggest you at least get The Hound. Stunning figure.

Today I got my first batch of B&N figures. I hot-boxed them all, and worked on the joints... and they are PERFECT!

I love my Dany, actually. I think she looks a ton like Emilia Clark at this point. Just a subtle different here and there. I feel like she looks less like her, even in my own pics, than in real life, which is weird. Her lower arm was backwards, so after heating I turned it and she was fine. Her feet WERE on backwards, too, but I was able to pop those out and swap them with no issues.

This was my first Tyrion, as I didn't find him in-store. One of my favorites of the line! SO impressive. He's probably the best of the line likeness-wise. I love the paint job on his armor. Now, when I got him, his legs looked like this, and I thought he had been mis-assembled:

But, chatting with some friends we realized his shin parts are actually on backwards! The ties should be at the back. I heated him up, then twisted the shins around, and then twisted the ankle peg, and now he's just fine:

Am I still worried about the clear pegs? Yes. But, now that I've heated and loosened everything up, I'm definitely less worried about it, since I think the paint stuck joints were at least part of the issue.

I may just paint over it, to be honest. The sculpt is so nice, otherwise. The weird thing is, Dinklage's facial hair is quite dark so the color doesn't make sense, and he just has stable not a full beard in any way.

Yeah, he could have used a dark dry brushing off stubble, but not the light beard they gave him. Would definitely been better without any.

Dany is my favorite character and it seems like the thread agrees she is the worst. :(

Do you guys think these will be peg warmers for sometime? I dont have a local Barnes and Noble and i would rather see her in person before ordering online!

Not initially at least. They're flying off the shelves. Dany is the peg warmer of the bunch due to her being the heavily packed character and the fact she's the worst figure too. A presumably better Dany will be in the next wave.

I saw a much better painted Dany today at Barnes so I'll probably return mine and grab a better one. Between her horrible eyes, falling apart at the waist, and having on the wrong feet on each leg, I can easily justify returning her as defective :lol

Not initially at least. They're flying off the shelves. Dany is the peg warmer of the bunch due to her being the heavily packed character and the fact she's the worst figure too. A presumably better Dany will be in the next wave.

I saw a much better painted Dany today at Barnes so I'll probably return mine and grab a better one. Between her horrible eyes, falling apart at the waist, and having on the wrong feet on each leg, I can easily justify returning her as defective :lol
alright so I should be good. Hopefully ill snag a few of these when they hit other retail stores in march.

I love my current Dany figure. She just needed a better paint job. And mine doesn't fall apart now, either.

Back