For Your Consideration: The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show me a single article, quote, clip ANYTHING that backs that up. Because the first time anyone said anything about an Oscar was AFTER he died. Not before. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, but the movie didn't come out until months after he died. Before he died there was only a little trailer clip, not really enough to base any Oscar speculation off of.

I think it's good that he's going for best supporting actor rather than best actor period--if you look at past nominees and winners in the supporting actor category he fits quite perfectly and would definitely win over most others. And so far this year I haven't seen any supporting actor performances that would outdo him.

It definitely wouldn't win best picture, I'm seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button doing that (at this point).

Probably Best Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography, Film Editing, and perhaps makeup. Those are really it's best chances. Maybe best adapted screenplay.
i agree with you completely. i'm not sure if TDK will get the best picture award, but feel that Ledger is a shoe in for supporting actor. and yes before his death i knew he was gonna hit a grand slam with his performance.

Yeah, but the movie didn't come out until months after he died. Before he died there was only a little trailer clip, not really enough to base any Oscar speculation off of.

Oh yes there was.

If I cant count fans or anyone else...who do I count? Bums? Tribes in the jungle?

Check out any forum thread on the first trailer shown in December. People were talking Oscars. We were so blown away with the trailer....i'll find you one...

Hey...look at that. Our very own Buttmunch posted this after he saw the trailer....BEFORE Ledger died....
Trailer Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap. Even in the poor quality leaked version, it is amazing. Heath Ledger? Who is that? I only saw the Joker in it! No kidding. I NEVER would have guess Heath Ledger was the Joker in this film if I didn't already know it. It doesn't look or sound like him. The close-up after the "Goodevening Commisoner" line is just freaky-creepy! Wow. Just wow. I think him using his tounge quite a bit adds to the creepy factor.

I will be very surprised if Heath is not nominated for an Oscar next year.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053&highlight=Dark+Knight&page=67

( a few posts down)

I didn't know that. I hadn't even seen the trailer until after he died. Well that is proof that people thought it was an awesome performance before he died. :D

Exacly. After I am Legend was over, all I could talk about was Ledger's Joker. When he died...that was one of the few times where I really felt...bad...

I hadn't really been hyping the Dark Knight before hand and wasn't paying attention because it felt so far off. But about a month or two before release when we started getting an influx of trailers and information it seemed so unfortunate that such talent was lost.

I was going to to the same. But that trailer....and I didnt even know it was coming on! It was such a surprise.

This was the best movie this year.
BALE AND LEDGER did an Incredible job.
If Heath dosent get an oscar I am going to be so pissed but I know the oscars have never given nominations to hyped up big summer blockbuster movies so will see.

I think the academy will give summer blockbusters consideration if their quality is strong enough. Transformers for instance, as a film isn't anything special, but it was good enough to make big money. The first POTC and now TDK did well at the box office partly because it just had fun and escapism, but also because they have strong stories, engaging performances, and for the reasons films should be considered for awards, they're good films. Summer blockbuster has come to mean big budget, lots of explosions and hot chicks, it's rare to see a summer blockbuster that consists of a well assmbled film.

Yeah it is rare that a summer blockbuster is not only great fun, but also a great movie. And I think that The Dark Knight really was a great movie.

POTC, please.. I knew ledger was going to be good after hearing his voice in the BEST trailer of em all.. the first teaser one... man when the theatre went black and the music started playing... great great feeling.

It's absolutely impossible for fans to be objective about this.

And that's fine. It's just the way it is.

Oh yes there was.

If I cant count fans or anyone else...who do I count? Bums? Tribes in the jungle?

Check out any forum thread on the first trailer shown in December. People were talking Oscars. We were so blown away with the trailer....i'll find you one...

Show me a clip of an entertainment show (on tv or online) that mentioned Heath for an Oscar before he died. Show me an article (print or online) of any entertainment company that mentioned that. Bottomline when it comes to the people who count (i.e. the people who nominate and vote), there was ZERO talk. Period. Like I said, if fans decided who won what Ahnold and JCVD, Steven Segal, etc. would all have Oscars. Thankfully it doesn't work like that.

Actually, I remember when the first full trailer came out, there was an article on some website about his performance and speculating about Oscars.

Although it was such a long time ago it would be hard to find.

Actually...everyone was very "unsure" on Heath as the Joker when the december trailer, everyone was still "I dont think Heath Ledger can pull it off"

I remember because I had to remind tons of people that he was a fantastic actor, the only mentions of Heath's performance being phenomenal were that of the crew and cast of TDK.

I believe TDK should be nominated in all categorys, I think it's total BS that Hans and James newton howard can't win best score, Heath will definatly win supporting, and Best picture? probably not, but we can hope.

Actually...everyone was very "unsure" on Heath as the Joker when the december trailer, everyone was still "I dont think Heath Ledger can pull it off"

I remember because I had to remind tons of people that he was a fantastic actor, the only mentions of Heath's performance being phenomenal were that of the crew and cast of TDK.

Yup. Everyone was doubting him. But suddenly everyone NOW remembers the "Oscar Buzz". Riiiiiiight...

Hey...look at that. Our very own Buttmunch posted this after he saw the trailer....BEFORE Ledger died....

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053&highlight=Dark+Knight&page=67

( a few posts down)

Yeah! I knew what I was talking about :rock

I still agree with that statement. He blew me away in that first trailer. I was a doubter originally. I had only seen a Knight's Tale and the Brothers Grimm with him in a film before TDK so I didn't have a grasp on his acting ability. He was the Joker.

I believe in Heath Ledger.

Back