For Your Consideration: The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think everyone forgets that Al Pacino was nominated for his role in the comic film "D ick Tracy," so a nomination for Heath is certainly deserving and by no means a stretch.

edit: Here's a video of Pacnio's performance that was nominated for best supporting actor. Watch this and tell me Heath doesn't have a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDy6tE5_B5o&feature=related

TDK-variety-FYC-ads-Picture-lg.jpg

TDK-variety-FYC-ads-Joker-lg.jpg

Thanks Dally, these are cool, but the imagery could be more powerful. I think I might make some of my own just as a fun exercise.

No offence to the adverts themselves, they're wonderfully done, but it does seem somewhat odd to have an advert nominating a Batman film but not actually having Batman on it

No offence to the adverts themselves, they're wonderfully done, but it does seem somewhat odd to have an advert nominating a Batman film but not actually having Batman on it

I think they're trying to steer away from the fact that it is a Batman movie. :lol I mean come on who ever thought that a Batman movie would be an Oscar contender?

I have no doubt that Ledger will win best supporting actor and I don't believe his death will have a thing to do with it! TDK for best picture? Not a chance, great film but not "best picture of the year" imo.

As much as I love what Heath did, I'll be delightfully surprised if he gets the win, simply because the genre has a stigma and doesn't fall into the category you'd expect Oscar voters to pick from.

Although, someone correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Johnny Depp win best actor for Jack Sparrow? If he did, then Heath's got a good chance because Ledger Joker has all the engaging and entertaining qualities Sparrow has.

If Heath were alive would anyone be talking about an Oscar for him OR TDK? Nope. Anything is possible but I highly doubt a comic book based movie (WITH a costumed main character) will ever win an Oscar for Best Picture.

Yes. Because he was ^^^^ing amazing, and people WERE saying this BEFORE he died. Right after the first trailer came out.

I would say the very same thing. His death did nothing to make it better.

As much as I love what Heath did, I'll be delightfully surprised if he gets the win, simply because the genre has a stigma and doesn't fall into the category you'd expect Oscar voters to pick from.

Although, someone correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Johnny Depp win best actor for Jack Sparrow? If he did, then Heath's got a good chance because Ledger Joker has all the engaging and entertaining qualities Sparrow has.

Nominated. But still.

Yes. Because he was ^^^^ing amazing, and people WERE saying this BEFORE he died. Right after the first trailer came out.

I would say the very same thing. His death did nothing to make it better.

Show me a single article, quote, clip ANYTHING that backs that up. Because the first time anyone said anything about an Oscar was AFTER he died. Not before. Prove me wrong.

Show me a single article, quote, clip ANYTHING that backs that up. Because the first time anyone said anything about an Oscar was AFTER he died. Not before. Prove me wrong.

Well, I think there's a communication issue. You said would anyone, and I think Celtic's trying to say the fandom was feeling it before his death, but probably right, sadly, the groups responsible for awards probably didn't say boo about it before his death, but then again, his death was right around when folks might have a chance to even comment on his performance, so it's timing. If he'd died after the premier and folks weren't buzzing before his death, then a clear argument that his death was a huge factor could be made, but it's a bit of a grey area as it is, which sucks because it'd be nice to know if he gets anything for it, it's all based on skill and performance, not his tragedy.

I think it's good that he's going for best supporting actor rather than best actor period--if you look at past nominees and winners in the supporting actor category he fits quite perfectly and would definitely win over most others. And so far this year I haven't seen any supporting actor performances that would outdo him.

It definitely wouldn't win best picture, I'm seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button doing that (at this point).

Probably Best Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography, Film Editing, and perhaps makeup. Those are really it's best chances. Maybe best adapted screenplay.

Well, I think there's a communication issue. You said would anyone, and I think Celtic's trying to say the fandom was feeling it before his death, but probably right, sadly, the groups responsible for awards probably didn't say boo about it before his death, but then again, his death was right around when folks might have a chance to even comment on his performance, so it's timing. If he'd died after the premier and folks weren't buzzing before his death, then a clear argument that his death was a huge factor could be made, but it's a bit of a grey area as it is, which sucks because it'd be nice to know if he gets anything for it, it's all based on skill and performance, not his tragedy.

True.. I thought it was clear what I meant because realistically fan/family opinion etc. doesn't matter. Sorry but it doesn't. Obviously fans and family will always be pulling for you if you're a star. I'm sure Jean Claude Van Damme fans buzz about awards with every piece of crap film he makes.. that's why that perspective is irrelevant.

So to be clear:

If Heath were alive would anyone involved with the Oscars or any entertainment/news outlets be talking about an Oscar for him OR TDK? Nope.

Again, disregarding fan input since generally fans tend to vote with their hearts as opposed to critically looking at an actors actual performance or how well a script was written, how well the acting is in a movie, etc.

Back