First Hot Toy Purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Your very first HT

HT_RAMBO_III.jpg

Just about when Yulli started her first few projects with HT.

Rambo III is where HT turned their corner with likeness. He still holds up well today. Before that, their sculpts were caricatures and not really close at all.

My 1st was the Firespecter and was followed closely by the firefighters. I was a firefighter at the time and thought these would go nicely with my fire stuff collection. Still have them in a box someplace.
The axe/sword that came with the firespecter is still one of my favorite accessories, diecast and extremely well detailed. Since i was a firefighter at the time and actually used the gear i was blown away at how well HT did with everything on the firefighters bunker gear and accessories. It was pretty much perfect

Last edited:
Tony the Mechanic.

I was impressed with the likeness and all the accessories it came with, so I pounced on it as soon as I found one for a decent price. It's still in my collection and I have a number of figures now. My next one will be the Rey and BB-8 set.

My first order was the 1/4 boba fett. Boba fett is my favorite and I was too impatient to wait for the 1/6 version.

I ordered him from sideshow and got burned pretty bad on shipping and customs. Learned a lot from that.

I collect only 1/6 at this point and have 11 figures in total and one pre-ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

This was my first Hot Toys figure. MMS238... My first order was 3 days earlier when I pre-ordered the John Matrix Commando figure. I became familiar with these forums and the Sideshow Collectibles site after ordering and buying their Nathan Drake PFF and Sixth Scale figure. The idea of buying a realistic figure of my favourite guilty pleasure Arnie character was too much. It helped that the teaser pics did look better than what the figure eventually became too.

It only took 3 days and reading about the different Terminator figures and the old Predator Dutch, and I decided a year was too long to wait for Matrix and I needed the Battle Damage Terminator to satisfy my curiosity. Between then and Matrix finally shipping I ended up with a whole heap of MCU figures, which my entire collection now is, outside of my 4 Arnie figures..

This was my first Hot Toys figure. MMS238... My first order was 3 days earlier when I pre-ordered the John Matrix Commando figure. I became familiar with these forums and the Sideshow Collectibles site after ordering and buying their Nathan Drake PFF and Sixth Scale figure. The idea of buying a realistic figure of my favourite guilty pleasure Arnie character was too much. It helped that the teaser pics did look better than what the figure eventually became too.

It only took 3 days and reading about the different Terminator figures and the old Predator Dutch, and I decided a year was too long to wait for Matrix and I needed the Battle Damage Terminator to satisfy my curiosity. Between then and Matrix finally shipping I ended up with a whole heap of MCU figures, which my entire collection now is, outside of my 4 Arnie figures..

This is still one of my favorite figures...I think its spot on facial likeness.....

But JACK? Best . Figure. Ever.

My first HT figure was the 1/4 scale Terminator Endoskeleton, which is still one of my faves. The steps that I took to even open the box blew my mind. The quality of the figure was unreal (still is). The first HT figures I preordered were Guardians of the Galaxy, all 4 of them

Hot Toys Leia that just came out. Rey/BB8 would be my second if it shipped already.

i remember i started off with the sh figuarts/revoltech iron man but than discovered hot toys. My first one was a heartbreaker from someone local

I bought the first AVP Scar Predator figure back in 2006 for $150. It was a kit with all the pieces separate. I've been a die-hard Hot Toys fan ever since (I've bought over 60 in ten years).

I think it was the Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End Jack Sparrow (followed by Elizabeth and Will).

The first Ledger Joker in 2008. First 1/6 was Medicom's squares camo Snake. Feels like yesterday.

Back