First Hot Toy Purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your very first HT

So which figure was your first of your collection. In my case was HT Thor (Avengers) it was anice impulse purchase but it opened a cool can of worms [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Re: Your very first HT

Fun thread!! This old fella was mine:

HT_DARK_KNIGHT.jpg

My very first Hot Toys figure was the original Bank Robber Joker from The Dark Knight.

It's funny looking back at it now, because I can see all the flaws and the things that could have been improved upon, but at the time all I couldn't even believe it. I had never seen a figure of that quality. It was a christmas gift- all I told my family I wanted that year (because I knew it was pricey).

It didn't disappoint me and started a very expensive obsession.

My first Hot Toys figure was the DX03 Michael Jackson "BAD" version.

I've only started collecting recently. The first one I purchased was the IM mk 43. I bought it after hearing of the July revisions to the Hulkbuster (which I pre-ordered). The first one that I pre-ordered was Deadpool (still waiting for it to arrive).

HOT_TOYS_AMAZING_SPIDER-MAN4.jpg

Hot Toys Amazing Spider-Man. It got **** on a lot over on these boards, but it really is a great figure, although, I must admit, not enough articulation in the neck while wearing the mask.

This was mine and still in my possession. Ordered back before the head was revised. Wish they would've kept the original sculpt
wolverineoriginsaf-1.jpg

wolverineoriginsaf.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky balboa. Glad I started collecting when I did.

I think I ordered Ripley first, but that put RoboCop on my radar, which I actually received in-hand first.

ripley.jpg

I still have her, albeit with a custom head.

My first was the Tom Cruise look-a-like F-14 pilot around the year 2000:
ht_aviator_tomcat.jpg

I can't remember for sure, but I think it was either Bespin Luke or Christopher Reeve Superman, whichever was released first.

Also, early Hot Toys for me was the first Keaton Batman and red and blue Spider-Man from Spider-Man 3.

Anyone remember this..my first HT been collecting these far too long

My first was the original Joker from the Dark Knight which went for a whopping $113. 8 years later and figures seem to average nearly $100 more although there have been vast improvements.

OG Joker from The Dark Knight. Yes the one with the horrible sculpt. That and the first original Batman from The Dark Knight.

Anyone remember this..my first HT been collecting these far too long

not only i remember this, but he was dissected for several other terminators in the end.

upper clothes and gargoyles (obviously)

assaultcyborg_001.jpg~original

eye, eye socket and forehead damage cut out from that original head and transferred to this

day3_result04.jpg~original

eye socket frame & forehead damage piece later moved to this

day20_progress07.jpg~original

closeup_02.jpg~original

hair used on this

011.jpg~original

002.jpg~original

022.jpg~original

but he wasn't my first HT. my first HT was this beauty! well it was a beauty back then.

p2_MF_HT_compared_02.jpg~original

openmouth_left-center.jpg~original

he still stays with me. though he was later moved on P1 body and got a full SilentSurfer body/head repaint

repaint_05.jpg~original

and then, with new predators bodies... he is still alive on all new body, with tylerdurden mask, but the head is still that old head i bought many, many years ago.

Untitled-1copy_zpsbeb525b9.jpg~original

004_zps6e827728.jpg~original

Back