First Hot Toy Purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man of Steel Superman was the first one I got - second hand but as mint. It looked even better than I expected, and now I'm addicted.

First was IM2 War Machine. Sold all my 6inch figures the couple of weeks after I bought it. I sold it to buy the DC War machine...so much for keeping your first HT because it was your first HT.

Robocop (the diecast version). Robocop is my favourite film, and the state of Robo collectibles is... poor. I'd never bought a collectible of that price before so it was a pretty big deal to me.

That's how I learned 1/6 scales are my preferred action figure format.

My first ever Hot Toys was the Avengers Loki. I convinced my dad to PO it for me even though I'd never heard of Hot Toys before. For months I was so worried because I didn't know how long it took to release them :lol It's still one of my favorite figures and probably the most valuable in my collection. It started the madness!

My very first Hot Toys preordered was Joker DX11, but the first figure for my collection was Batman DX12 while waiting for DX11. Awesome figures that started my addiction to this hobby.

MK VII ironman

stumbled across one by accident on ebay a few years ago... knew nothing of hot toys or this 1/6 scale world. blew me away and f'd my wallet ever since. dam you mk7.... dam you.

My first hot toys figure was the lost predator i picked up back in 2009. I had being collecting a while before this but this was my first hot toys figure. I still remember the sense of excitement i had when i seen the fantastic box in hand(unfortunately discontinued). Those were the days you had to build the hot toys predators and it was quite fun i must admit.

HT_LOST-PREDATOR.jpg

i started with HT Predator 2 BD version. the old preds tests your patience.lolz

First was IM2 War Machine. Sold all my 6inch figures the couple of weeks after I bought it. I sold it to buy the DC War machine...so much for keeping your first HT because it was your first HT.

Did you sell them all on eBay?

First 1/6 scale was SSC's Darth Maul. First Hot Toys were War Machine MK I and Mark VI IM. Wish I still had the MK VI.. been a pain to rebuy.

My first was Hot Toys Kylo Ren. immediately sent back due to issues with light saber, zipper, wrong box. Was not impressed with my first hot toy considering the $$$
Got Civil War Cap as my replacement.

T2 800 first release. My jaw dropped when I opened the box and quickly sold my Medicom collection.

Mine was Christopher Reeve Superman, was expecting it to be my only purchase as I only got it for nostalgia reasons....now on my 11th hot toy!

Back