First Hot Toy Purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Your very first HT

WWII German heer officer. Actually pretty nice for early 2000's stuff. Still using the tunic, "bonus" sheepskin coat and cap on a figure. I believe he cost around sixty bucks way back when. Things have changed
Next figure was the first MMS 08, Celtic Predator. Then Scar. They seemed totally amazing at the time. Still pretty cool.

Mine was the 2012 Toy Fair Exclusive Lt. Jim Gordon in SWAT gear. That was the first I received but my first figure ordered was either the DX11 or DX12.

My very first Hot Toys figure was the original Bank Robber Joker from The Dark Knight.

It's funny looking back at it now, because I can see all the flaws and the things that could have been improved upon, but at the time all I couldn't even believe it. I had never seen a figure of that quality. It was a christmas gift- all I told my family I wanted that year (because I knew it was pricey).

It didn't disappoint me and started a very expensive obsession.

Same here! (though a gift to myself...) I thought he was so awesome! But in a way he still is, they re-released him almost unchanged 4 years later.
But my REAL first 12in fig was Obi-Wan from AOTC by Hasbro in 2002... That's is, I said it, I'm out of the closet... What a relief!

HT_RAMBO_III.jpg

Just about when Yulli started her first few projects with HT.

Why are there two threads for the same thing? They're both on the front page too. Any way, here's mine.

HOT_TOYS_AMAZING_SPIDER-MAN4.jpg

Hot Toys Amazing Spider-Man. It got **** on a lot over on these boards, but it really is a great figure, although, I must admit, not enough articulation in the neck while wearing the mask.

Blade. Still one of the best they've ever done. and i now own 50+ figures, from Terminator to Batman, Ironman, Star Wars Avengers.

My first was the Rocket/Groot 2-Pack. Still one of my favorites after having picked up the rest of the Guardians, a bunch of Avengers and some other random figures. The new Mark XLV has moved up to the top of the list as well.

Had to quote the picture as I thought it was cool that I'm not the only one obsessed with both HT and Lego Modulars! I build the lego sets in the winter to keep me occupied while I'm trapped indoors.

Last edited:

DX10 Terminator

A gift from my wife, 2 years ago started it all, now i have i think 35 figures lol

My first was the original Joker from the Dark Knight which went for a whopping $113. 8 years later and figures seem to average nearly $100 more although there have been vast improvements.

Wow under $150 for a HT, those are really good old times :rotfl

Back