Fine Molds Millenium Falcon Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, followed your link, found some stuff I saw on a good sale, placed an order. Waited two days for them to confirm my order and then got charged over $80 for shipping.
WTF!!

Sorry Dude.
Didn't see any ppl replying so didn't think that anyone cared for an update :( Hope you can still cancel it? I found that BBTS carries this as well but only for very little more and shipping is sure to be cheaper.
I really took advantage of it as I picked up on sale items, a 1/6 bike and a 1/12 F1 besides the MF. Too bad they don't have the other Fine Molds larger Scaler MFs anymore :'(

The sale ended after only two days -- pretty much right after he posted that. They had a notice on the front page though.

Yeah it's kind of sad that they ended it pretty much the same night as I was thinking of picking a semi assembled kit from Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari for $300 with free shipping which would have saved me a bundle .. oh well I guess too many took adavantage of it but if they can;t support it they should not have done it in the first place

Got the 1/144 Falcon, waiting for a new airbrush before assembling building it.

Can you point me into the right direction on where I can learn more about this trade? I will need to get good before I touch any of my new model kits so going to grab some local Tamiya kits to learn on. Need to also pick up on some airbrushing tools. I was told Mr. Color is a good place to start?

I still need to pick up one of their 1:144 version of this kit. I've seen it on ebay for about £35. Is that a fair price?

It's back and discounted too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Model Kit $160!!!!!!
Complete assembled/painted Kit!! $300!!!!!! OMG!!!!!
They also sell just the display case for the same price as the completed kit but thats just stupid as I can make it for so much less!
:borg:

Last edited:
I need to get this and the 1:144 kit. I really need to get a wiggle on and start selling my other stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, Geil. I had no idea they were being reissued. Almost tempted to get the completed kit that SS wants $800 for.

I have the 1/48 X-Wing, but at least it's a snap kit. The Falcon appears to be a regular assembly requiring glue and a lot of hard work!

Yeah this was the one I was going for but then I found the MR MF. At the time the model kit was already selling for well above $400 on eBay but this now is soooo tempting!!! I am almost tempted to pick up one of each as the prices seem extremely great :drool
:borg

This kit is larger than the eFX Precision Cast Falcon which is said to be no more than 10" long, and expected to cost $500. On Sideshow, it says the Finemolds is: 7" H (177.8mm) x 12" W (304.8mm) x 17" L (431.8mm) For $160 or $300 built, whatever your choice, this is the best bang for buck for a Falcon.

They are re-releasing this kit and at a reduced price too! Anyway, I am hoping they bring us larger ones. This kit is just too damn small for my liking but I have to get at least 1!

Looks like it is starting to show up everywhere
BBTS has it for $200 - might end up being same or cheaper if your shipping is cheap and of cause avoiding any stupid brokerage fees, really weired part is that BBTS description even mentions HLJ having it at 30% off?!:dunno
Hobby search has it as well but if shipping cost is equal then the overall price will be higher as they have it on slae for only 20% off
I decided to hold off afterall. I really should not get another MF :'(

$200 one on BBTS is unbuilt, unpainted. There is now a completed, painted one (for about $300), where you can buy the case separately (for another $300) if you want. I don't know if the completed ones are actually part of the original 500 that came out a while ago or if they are new ones and somehow separate from the limited edition version. As far as I can tell, the completed one is no different from the limited edition version, except that it comes with no case (although you can get that separately).

OK screw it... brains lost ... balls win and order placed. Now hoping Yen will crash by Christmas to bring down the cost further :lol.. sorry Yen :p
The assembled/painted one is really a great deal too but I don't have enough balls left to go for that one :( I suspect the paintjob is done by the same guys that did the SS version. Also looking at the SS product page there is no mention of limited so Finemolds certainly can do what they want. Consider this, it is listed to be released in Sept (has SS shipped their alotment yet?) which is earlier than the rerelease of the kit itself it seems to be possible left overs from that lot that they were selling themselves (for Y60,000!!!!!! for just the piece of junk)

Back