Fine Molds Millenium Falcon Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Millenium Falcon Scale Model thoughts....

But, isn't this a store sold model kit that is hand assembled and painted by an expert? So we are essentially paying a customizer like DA or Les to assemble and paint a model kit and then it includes a display box for $800. Really not that bad of a price.

TOO SMALL..........

Very nice a must order for me

But, isn't this a store sold model kit that is hand assembled and painted by an expert? So we are essentially paying a customizer like DA or Les to assemble and paint a model kit and then it includes a display box for $800. Really not that bad of a price.

But is a "pro" putting it together or someone doing the half @ssed paint jobs in China?

Looks fantastic. But too small and too expensive.

I got a bad feeling about this...

Can we get this thread renamed to something like "Fine Molds Millenium Falcon Discussion" or something?

No lights, no 'themed' display base (like Hoth base, or Cloud City landing platform) and at least $300 or so too expensive.

If it had all of those features and was around $499.99 (the unbuilt, unpainted kit goes for around $200 or so alone), then, and only then, it might be worth while.

Sure, it is a smaller scale at 1/72, but some of us don't have space for the MR 32" Falcon but would love a GREAT Falcon replica on the shelves. For this price minus the features I mentioned, this still isn't the one for me I'm afraid...

:angelsmil

is SSC just becoming like one of those consignment stores now?

Go ahead and put anything on the website, name your price and see if enough dumbos pay it? Maybe the guy selling the lot of 1000 Hasbro 12" Leias on ebay can list them on SSC and see if they can resell them for $100 a piece.

I collect only Imperials so I'm not interested in any Millennium Falcon. But to say a few things about this: I like the wooden base, but I don't like the plastic stand which looks really cheap. The price is outrageous, since adding a few hundred more and you get a MR Falcon studio scale. Does this come with lights?

900584_press05-001.jpg

I am a scale modeler and the Fine Molds Falcon "kit" has the best detail of any Falcon available, including the MR piece. The kit alone runs about $200 bucks.

There is a lighting kit available from a different company which runs about another $80 bucks and requires some knowledge of electronics and soldering.

I too was surprised at the price and the fact that it does not light up, though.

The FM kit is a great one, but this built version misses the mark given its size/price/quality compared to the MR Falcon.

If it was pro-built it would cost you more and not liking the painting on the characters in the cockpit. Got lots of fthere 1/144 star wars vehicle and the detail in insane

Back