1:1 Life size Iron man 3 Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Sideshow is only distributing this item, not manufacturing, they are likely not the ones setting the price. So Sideshow isn't the one milking this, it's this Beast Kingdom.

As a collector of 1:1 items, I can tell you that I don't buy something just because it's 1:1, or just because it's Iron Man. I'm looking at quality, and for $9000, this should be pretty dang great. But they did not even take time to paint the mouth gap at the bottom of the faceplate.

Exactly
You can't blame SS they are selling it, not making it
I will wait for the 1/2 legacy line

I would bet this piece is actually selling for 6k elsewhere, maybe less. SS is taking 2k off the top as their cut. It's a new company that needed SS's reach to market it. Even at 6k they would need all the help they can get to get it out there and have people place orders.

I dont think SS cares wheather they sell any or not. Even if they don't get 1 order they are still getting paid on advertising for beast kingdom. If they do sell a few, that's just a bonus. Their is no way they are paying to ship and stock these without confirmed orders.

Chris

I would be really interested to find out the average cost to make one of these. I mean, if its all plastic I couldn't imagine it being all that expensive.

If one was not enough for you
You can get the other two

null-34.jpg

A cool 24k plus shipping!

I ca nt believe there have nt been more 1/1 pieces for Iron Man,what a wasted and missed opportunity.I d happily have sold most of my collection to finance some quality pieces from the Legacy moulds.

I ca nt believe there have nt been more 1/1 pieces for Iron Man,what a wasted and missed opportunity.I d happily have sold most of my collection to finance some quality pieces from the Legacy moulds.

Aswell as your house and pets! Legacy is not cheap my friend :lecture:exactly:

Like I said.......they're milking the crap out of this character and over exposing him beyond belief. When you see so much of something and have it shoved down your throat like Ironman is being done.....you tend to grow tired of it. Again.......thats me and my opinion. I know theres some people that cant get enough of him. That makes sense.

The Punisher got the same treatment in the 90's :lol

In other news I wonder if that Red White and Blue suit will lower the revenue from the movie internationally

Man, I wish I had read these comments before risking a $1,700 NRD! Boy do I feel like a noob!

So with the Limited Edition, will I have to worry about thousands of these flooding the market? Going to really suck if I am not the only one in the trailer park with bragging rights.

The Thor in the background of the one pic is pretty awesome! I can't imagine ever having the kind of space to dedicate to 1:1 figures though.

That is so not worth it!... It looks to be cast out of one solid mould.

How is it more expensive than the T-800 Endo. Which looks to be case out of many different parts and bolts, not to mention assembly requirements.

This looks like a fibre glass shell with enamel paints all over it. If it had the under armour, plates, bolts and pistons as separate parts & the the metal gold & red plates over it and didn't look so hollow/cheap.

Maybe ok, maybe it'd warrant that cost... But for the moment it looks like another way to cheat you all out of your money!

Seriously, they don't have any close up photos. Because they are trying to hide the lack of Craftman's in the item.

Back