Fine Molds Millenium Falcon Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These kits are the best ones out there, but no way would I pay that kind of money for a completed one. Half the fun is putting it together and painting it yourself.

Yeah. If it was as big as the new hasbro one at least that might be an ok asking price, but that's just too much for a static model that does nothing.

Cripes I might as well buy the new Hasbro ship and repaint it!

Cripes I might as well buy the new Hasbro ship and repaint it!

well you could but it wouldn't be as accurate as the finemolds kit.

The $200 kit has over 800 pieces and except for some minor detail issues(and you'd have to be a Falcon expert to notice them) its a beutifully detailed kit. Just as good as the MR Falcon.

I collector would be better off buying the kit and paying a professional modeler to build and paint it. I bet they could do it better and cheaper. I wonder what the profit margin on this project for Sideshow is since they had no pre-production work and they are selling it 4X the original sticker price.

There is some blind love for Sideshow. They are lucky to have such loyal fans.

I collector would be better off buying the kit and paying a professional modeler to build and paint it. I bet they could do it better and cheaper. I wonder what the profit margin on this project for Sideshow is since they had no pre-production work and they are selling it 4X the original sticker price.

There is some blind love for Sideshow. They are lucky to have such loyal fans.

Finemolds announced a while back that they were offering the ship prebuilt. I'm not sure about the wood base and cover, but the built ship will be from Japan. I'll have to admit, I have to check what they were going to charge for it.

Ok, just checked at hobby link Japan. They are selling it for $1,294.64 and it comes as pictured at SS.

It'd be alot better if it had lights. The back end being dark just looks weird.

I got the Hasbro BMF because I knew I could never afford a Master Replica. It really kicks ass, especially since I have "weathered" it with paint and pastel washes. I know it's not accurate in scale and there are some screen accuracy issues, but DANG it ROCKS!!! The light up features, the interior, voice samples and other doo-dads (electronic landing ramp) just make it awesome. At first I had buyer's remorse, but after detailing it I have found it is the center-piece of my collection. I recommend that if you can still get one to do it. It even has that mini-laser cannon used in the Echo Base hanger against the Snow Troopers.

I paid just a little more for the MR Falcon, this is not worth it at all.

Fantastic , i think that is a wonderful piece , i have the Slave 1 signature Code 3 , and he is awesome , but this .............uffffffff nice, really nice guys , well done . Fine Molds, fine piece je .

Last edited:
Lighting's not an issue. I like it, but really don't think that it's worth that kind of price. Maybe $500. For the sake of a few inches, the EFX one will blow this out of the water. It's a decent size to be able to fit in most people's display units, it has lighting, it has a decent dio style base and most importantly has the potential to be up to $550 cheaper.

Shame. I'd be all over this if it were a fair price.

I've been looking at the Flexpay option. It doesn't seem too expensive when viewed this way. I'm not 100% certain, but i might get it on Flexpay. (Damn it. I am so weak.)

Does anyone know if the cover will ship with it (MR Style) or will it ship in a seperate box? (Silly question, i know. It's just that storage space is at a premium now and i hate to throw away the shipping cartons.)

Last edited:
I thought i'd give this a bump. Wasn't it due to ship in September? Those that ordered one should be receiving it soon.

Wow, followed your link, found some stuff I saw on a good sale, placed an order. Waited two days for them to confirm my order and then got charged over $80 for shipping.
WTF!!

Back