Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't understand is why British customs can tell a non european company to use codes that tax limited edition work of arts at the same rate as an example a Buzz lightyear toy that is mass produced in millions. We are all aware that no two sideshow statues are the same.

I raised this with customs and was told anything made in numbers greater than 12 is mass produced! :cuckoo: Also they wouldn't accept that every piece is individual as they ultimately come from the same mold. I guess the country is more cash strapped than we feared.....

Just got my invoice from fedex on the Hot Toys spider-man, it was more than i calculated because I'm getting taxed on shipping twice!

in the VAT Build up Details section, it lists:

• Freight Charges... £10
  • VAT Value Adjustment... £5.50
  • Invoice total.. $174.99

The Freight Charges and VAT amount to $25 (SSC shipping cost!)
The Invoice Total amounts to $149.99 +$25 = Item AND SHIPPING

so I'm getting taxed on the item and Shipping and then the shipping again separately, i know that when i ring them on Monday they'll tell me that it's SSC responsibility to provide a correct invoice and that I'll have to pay £50 to open an inquiry

The thing is SSC DID list the item cost as $149.99 and the Shipping of $25 Separately on the invoice. :gah:

I really wish ordering through SSC didn't require so many other offices and bureaucracy

I contacted fedex who said i had to contact customs, they got back to me this morning with a form number to get a redfund once i've paid fedex

I raised this with customs and was told anything made in numbers greater than 12 is mass produced! :cuckoo: Also they wouldn't accept that every piece is individual as they ultimately come from the same mold. I guess the country is more cash strapped than we feared.....

Yeah, they need money for fighting in Africa.:pfft:

on vat but from amazon.co.uk, since vat in sweden is 25% amazon.co.uk are nice enough to charge me an extra 8% of the things I buy.:gah:
At first I hadn´t noticed it but on one order I noticed an diffrent sum on proof purchas that I got from what was written on the site, sent an email an asking and got the answere that since the vat was higher in sweden the charge that. I don´t know if they send the swedish the state those 8% or keep to them self, seems they are only retailer in uk doing, haven´t notices from others.

my two ören (swedish version of cents)

//daniel

Thats the reason I go to a Chinese SAL rather than American fedex. Chinese alway label ther boxes $25 no matter the cost. Although that will change come September when the rules change in being allowed to import from £18 down to £15.

Life's too short to worry about this crap.

We are still discounting ALL our international shipments by an average of 40-50%

Dear sideshowMike,

the current shipping quote for the Gimli Maquette is about 100$ for a delivery to germany, which is 4times more a paid for shipping for my Bucky Barnes PF and 2,5times more I paid for my Beast Comiquette.

So doesn't sideshow discounting int. shipments for now and in the future anymore?

Please give me an answer here, because this will have an impact on my
direct orders in the future. Whith such high shipping costs and their negative effect on the taxes, I will order only the REGs from EU stores from now on.

Hey guys,

I've had a recurring issue with FedEx. I keep getting final notices for outstanding invoices where I never even received an invoice in the first place. It's happened four times now, more than I think one can put down to them just being lost in the post. And the threat of debt collectors is not nice.

I've always been a prompt payer of my FedEx invoices. I've emailed them to ask them what's going on. But I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?

Can a UK customer tell me if you still have to pay customs & Fedex if you send an item back to SSC for a refund.

I didn't. I rang Fredex and told them the score. Sideshow then sent me an updated invoice showing it was destroyed but Fedex never asked for it.

Back