Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I do have a concern with this "war" between Disney/Marvel and Fox it isn't with regard to the FF or X-Men. I still want the Fox logo to appear before the new SW films and if they hate each other that much now it really looks like that just isn't gonna happen. :lol

Same with regard to seeing the original unaltered SW on blu-ray. I'm guessing Disney and Fox probably won't reach an agreement on that either then.

They’d only be “fighting the good fight” if Fox makes a horrible FF film that can diminish the FF brand. So far all we know is that theres a lot of talent behind the movie, and they seem to be going the ultimate route with the characters. Nobody forced Marvel to sell the film rights all those years ago, thats their fault, and FF comic readers shouldn’t have to suffer because they’re being greedy.

I'll have to disagree with you on the "a lot of talent" comment. So far, in my opinion, every one of the actors hired has been nothing more than supporting characters in their respective movies. I am a fan of Toby Kebbell who's playing Doom but I can't see him in that role....or any of the actors/actresses playing the title characters with the exception of Bell but that's only because he's going to be CGI'd most of the time so it will only be his voice. I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but even if this movie ends up being a financial success I don't see it being a good movie.

I'll have to disagree with you on the "a lot of talent" comment. So far, in my opinion, every one of the actors hired has been nothing more than supporting characters in their respective movies. I am a fan of Toby Kebbell who's playing Doom but I can't see him in that role....or any of the actors/actresses playing the title characters with the exception of Bell but that's only because he's going to be CGI'd most of the time so it will only be his voice. I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but even if this movie ends up being a financial success I don't see it being a good movie.

Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller are both lead actors with more than a few successful films under their belt, especially Teller, he's done a number of indie films that he was praised for. Jordan's is a star now after his performance in Fruitvale Station. Jamie Bell is a young veteran with a lot if talent, Kate Mara is the only actor on the roster I'm not too familiar with. Toby Kebell in the few movies I've seen him in has impressed me.

The director has made one good superherish movie on a very small budget, and Simon Kinberg is penning the script fresh off writing DOFP.

Other than some of the actors not resembling their comic book counterparts, everything seems to be looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I do have a concern with this "war" between Disney/Marvel and Fox it isn't with regard to the FF or X-Men. I still want the Fox logo to appear before the new SW films and if they hate each other that much now it really looks like that just isn't gonna happen. :lol

Same with regard to seeing the original unaltered SW on blu-ray. I'm guessing Disney and Fox probably won't reach an agreement on that either then.

Money overcomes all hatred. :lol

Kinda racist that they're making Human Torch a Black guy.. you know.. fire.. charbroiled. Totally racist. :monkey3

ooh.JPG

;)

I actually like it when filmmakers try new things for superhero films. So found footage, okay fine. But I still refuse to see this movie on the big screen. So many off putting elements about it.

Can I say F U to this movie yet?

"Fantastic Four 2015 reboot ‘to have a found-footage feel like Chronicle’ according to Fox chief"

https://metro.co.uk/2014/06/29/fant...ike-chronicle-according-to-fox-chief-4780281/

I absolutely hate "found footage" types of movies. I mean it works for some things if its done right, but honestly I feel that this is not the way to go with a FF movie.

Yeah, no.. every time i hear something new about this movie, i have less and less hope for it.

Yep. Those titles are in enemy hands, and Marvel clearly wants their characters back. I see this as them fighting the good fight.

It's very ****** of Marvel on their part.

They licensed out the characters for others to use, keeping Marvel from going under.

Hell, Fox's X-Men flicks (and Sony Spidey) are the reason Marvel has their cinema today.

That's not the argument EF is making, though. So much as, on some level, it seems ungrateful and petty for Marvel to do this when they've experienced success, considering that they were bailed out by Sony and Fox back in the day. I personally see it as just business, but can understand that perspective.

That's not the argument EF is making, though. So much as, on some level, it seems ungrateful and petty for Marvel to do this when they've experienced success, considering that they were bailed out by Sony and Fox back in the day. I personally see it as just business, but can understand that perspective.

Ungrateful? Yeah right, like Fox conducted an act of charity on Marvel's behalf. They seized the opportunity to exploit a weakened company and are now realizing that they probably should have done a better job maintaining a good relationship with Marvel over the years. I don't pity Fox for underestimating Marvel's potential to achieve great success on their own.

Yeah, hopefully they'll experiment with that approach for Cap 3.

You're such a ***** kara (and I mean that in a good way.) :lol :gun

I think they've already done some genre hopping with TFA and TWS. I kind of like the idea of Cap fighting Baron Blood in a Transylvanian haunted house, so who knows, maybe found footage would work for that just fine. :D

Ungrateful? Yeah right, like Fox conducted an act of charity on Marvel's behalf. They seized the opportunity to exploit a weakened company and are now realizing that they probably should have done a better job maintaining a good relationship with Marvel over the years. I don't pity Fox for underestimating Marvel's potential to achieve great success on their own.
That's another way of thinking of it. I have no idea how that deal went down, but like all business it was as mutually beneficial as each side could force it to be, I'm sure.

You're such a ***** kara (and I mean that in a good way.) :lol :gun
:1-1:

I don't think we've had a super hero musical yet, either. Would love to see Evans' vocal range on display.

Back