Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael B. Jordan was on The Wire, the greatest tv show of all time.

But he was basically a kid at the time. He was awesome in Fruitvale, and I enjoyed him in Chronicle.

Chronicle was meh

even though I kind of agree with this, Michael B Jordan made it shine when he was there. It was pretty much the Cloverfield of super hero films, even though I think cloverfield is leaps and bounds better.

I wouldn't use his role in the Wire to guide any of my expectations, since he was just a really young kid at the time. But he was good in it. I felt for his character.

even though I kind of agree with this, Michael B Jordan made it shine when he was there. It was pretty much the Cloverfield of super hero films, even though I think cloverfield is leaps and bounds better.

Really? I thought that it was one of the best SH movies in a long time... definitely a strong origins story. What did you guys not like about it?

https://badassdigest.com/2014/05/31/is-marvel-comics-cutting-off-its-nose-to-spite-fox/

Bleeding Cool reports that Marvel Comics is going to put their Fantastic Four titles 'on hiatus' although the characters will continue to exist in the Marvel Comics universe. According to Bleeding Cool's sources this is happening because Marvel wants to stick it to Fox, who is in production on a Fantastic Four movie coming out next year. The hiatus has been confirmed by the website Comic Book Resources.

This is weird. The reasoning Bleeding Cool gives is that Ike Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel Comics, handed this down as an order because he doesn't want the company in any way supporting the new film from Fox. Marvel and Fox really hate each other, like in ways you wouldn't believe, so I can almost believe that. Except it's crazy, and there's no way that Fantastic Four comics support or promote the movie in any way. More people will see the movie on opening day - even if it's a bomb - than will read a Fantastic Four comic probably all year. If Perlmutter is doing this to spite Fox it seems backwards; while the movies don't generally drive many people to comic book stores if even ten new readers show up you'd probably want some kind of Fantastic Four title on the shelves.

This is even weirder because 2015 is Marvel's 75th anniversary, and Fantastic Four is the company's flagship title, the book that essentially launched the modern age. And yet the cover for the 75th anniversary magazine doesn't feature any of those characters at all. That's ****ing puzzling.

In case you're wondering why Marvel wouldn't do something like this with the X-books, it's because they sell through the roof. Fantastic Four is just an okay seller. But the X-Men do not appear on that magazine cover either.

This seems too crazy to be true - what a terrible ****ing way to run a business - but I also don't understand why this is happening otherwise. And it bums me out to imagine a 75th anniversary celebration for Marvel without its First Family.

Unless that's the point? Is Marvel taking the Fantastic Four out of the picture for part of the 75th anniversary as some kind of 'See what it's like without these guys?' story? That doesn't explain the magazine cover, which should have the Everlovin' Thing front and center.

They’d only be “fighting the good fight” if Fox makes a horrible FF film that can diminish the FF brand. So far all we know is that theres a lot of talent behind the movie, and they seem to be going the ultimate route with the characters. Nobody forced Marvel to sell the film rights all those years ago, thats their fault, and FF comic readers shouldn’t have to suffer because they’re being greedy.

They’d only be “fighting the good fight” if Fox makes a horrible FF film that can diminish the FF brand. So far all we know is that theres a lot of talent behind the movie, and they seem to be going the ultimate route with the characters. Nobody forced Marvel to sell the film rights all those years ago, thats their fault, and FF comic readers shouldn’t have to suffer because they’re being greedy.

Marvel is clearly looking at the big picture. Fans may have less comics now but if it in any way leads to Marvel getting their own characters back to put in their own movies for the next 50+ years then it will be worth a few years of absent FF titles.

Marvel is clearly looking at the big picture. Fans may have less comics now but if it in any way leads to Marvel getting their own characters back to put in their own movies for the next 50+ years then it will be worth a few years of absent FF titles.

I’ll have to agree to disagree with you on that, I’m just not too big on what Marvel has been putting out, other than Cap 2, I don’t think they’ve made a truly great superhero film since Iron Man 1. I think Fox deserves the benefit of the doubt, they’ve produced 3 quality superhero movies for 3 years straight. If FF turns out to be crap, then I’m all for the rights to go back to Marvel, but so far the only thing we really know about the FF movie is that theres a lot of talent involved.

That's great, if Fox doesn't want to do the classic FF, then I think Dis should sue for their rights back to a property being unused. Let Fox continue with whatever this FF project is that they are working on and see how the chips fall.

I don't know why it's got to be one way or the other. They can't just work with Fox? The FF thing hasn't been released yet, so, it isn't like they couldn't fine tune it to fit within the MCU, and Days of Future Past wiped the slate clean for the X-Men continuity. Frankly, so long as Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, and Hugh Jackman continue working on the X-Men films, I don't care if Disney never gets the rights back.

I don't know why it's got to be one way or the other. They can't just work with Fox? The FF thing hasn't been released yet, so, it isn't like they couldn't fine tune it to fit within the MCU, and Days of Future Past wiped the slate clean for the X-Men continuity. Frankly, so long as Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, and Hugh Jackman continue working on the X-Men films, I don't care if Disney never gets the rights back.

Im sure Marvel tried to work something out, like they did with Sony. The only thing that jumps to me is Fox wants to grab all the money and cut out Marvel all together, even tho it's their characters.

Bleeding cool the same site that said that Fox was going to get rid of the director and start over with their reboot. So that shows you how reliable they are.

Currently their are only 2 FF titles I doubt they would cancel them and even if they did it would not make a real impact. People are going to to this baded on how good the trailer is. The smart thing would be to use the movie to increase sales of their titles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While I think X-Men are better off where they are for the moment, based on the previous output of FF films (which blew hard), and direction this new one seems to be going (which is looking less and less like any FF I'm familiar with), I feel Marvel Studios would be a better place for them. Plus, due to the nature of that team, they fit in more naturally with other comic characters. They were generally pals with all the other heroes, beloved by the public, and Reed was particularly helpful as the go-to scientific genius of the Marvel U.

The X-Men were always freaks and outcasts, even among other superheroes. Plus, they have their own series of offshoot teams and characters (New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Force, X-Men subteams, Deadpool) that could make for a totally complete, intertwined universe that does what Marvel Studios is doing without needing to bring in Iron Man or whatever. And most importantly, at least for now, the film makers understand the franchise, know what they are doing, and are willing to invest in X-films. Would this be the case with Marvel Studios? Not sure. They've got a lot of irons in their fire, and I'm not convinced they could concurrently do justice to all the characters they are currently dealing with PLUS the X-Men.

Im sure Marvel tried to work something out, like they did with Sony. The only thing that jumps to me is Fox wants to grab all the money and cut out Marvel all together, even tho it's their characters.
This is a problem with most MAJOR buisnesses.
That being, the Executives who make the decisions would rather have ALL of the money, or NONE of the money. middleground dosn't cut it.

and yes, you read that right, NO MONEY is better to than than Some of the money. it's also the reason why there is so much stale cooke-cutter garbage flooding the AAA game industry atm.

Back