Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't watch John Wayne play Genghis Khan. I wouldn't want DeNiro playing Marilyn Monroe. I don't want Tom Cruise playing Othello.

As with any movie it all comes down to the story. If the story is good people will see it and it will make money negating any criticism we may have. If the story is bad and it flops hopefully Fox will learn its lesson and let the property fall back to marvel.

How come nobody has any of these images as their avatars or sigs yet? :lol

attachment.php

The mustache guy in the background makes a better Fantastic Four than that whole crew.

Kid on the left has a real punch-face.

Did these guys even show up at comic con? If they're done filming wouldnt they be trying to hype it?

Do most of you guys really think Jordan will do a worse job than Chris Evans?

Evans was the standout of the old cast so it's tough to imagine anyone doing much better.

Why stop at 1, why didn't they make all of them black?

Then have a white Black Panther come visit. :lol

:lol

How come nobody has any of these images as their avatars or sigs yet? :lol

attachment.php

The guy on the right looks like a mental patient on a field trip. Girl is looking 100% more Sue Storm. How are they going to explain how mama storm cheated on Papa Storm with the pizza delivery guy tho? :panic:

because they've all sucked :lol

It feels good to see so much hatred for this. Bravo freaks! :clap

because they've all sucked :lol

Chronicle was pretty good.

Did these guys even show up at comic con? If they're done filming wouldnt they be trying to hype it?

It's funny how it's been no word on this movie whatsoever. Batman Vs Superman barely started filming and they are hyping it already. This movie is done shooting and we haven't seen jack from it.

Maybe they decided to do a "straight to home video" release. :lol

It's funny how it's been no word on this movie whatsoever. Batman Vs Superman barely started filming and they are hyping it already. This movie is done shooting and we haven't seen jack from it.

Not true. I've seen what the thing looks like.

Hahah my guess as well. We got more hype for Bond 25, and we ain't even at 24 yet :slap :lol

If this movie sucks (as if it's even a question) they can run it for ~3 showings in some little theater without promotion and then Fox legal retains the rights. They did it before with the Roger Corman film, they can do it again now.

If this movie sucks (as if it's even a question) they can run it for ~3 showings in some little theater without promotion and then Fox legal retains the rights. They did it before with the Roger Corman film, they can do it again now.

That's fine... let them keep wasting their money making these **** movies. The more money they lose the better are the chances of this franchise returning to Marvel (which is ultimately what everybody wants).

Has anyone in this thread been accused of being a racist?

My arguments are more towards me favoring a great film, instead of just settling for a good comic book movie. Robert Downey can pass as Tony Stark looks wise, but you cannot tell me thats the way Tony acts in the comics. He’s basically playing himself, it’s entertaining as hell. Marvel might not have been so successful if they would have stuck directly to the source material with Iron Man.

To answer your 1st question....yes. I'm too lazy to go back and find the rants some peeps were laying down because some members here hated Johnny being casted as a black man. Without a doubt there was a major **** storm here when the casting decision was announced. I'm not calling anyone out but there's no denying it happened.

As for RDJ and Iron Man...are you kidding me? I don't know how many Iron Man comics you have read but Tony has always been egotistical, self centered, and arrogant as a character. I've read Iron Man comics since the late 70's and his character is perfectly portrayed by RDJ. RDJ has brought a roguish charm to the character but that is how he has been written over the span I have been reading Iron Man. This was just a case of perfect casting by Marvel Studios. I have no idea how this topic is even relevant to my post. RDJ looks and acts like Iron Man. There is no controversy with the casting and no spitting in the face of comics continuity or history with his taking up the role of Iron Man.

If you want the new FF movie be good and want to give it the benefit of the doubt...no problem. I'm not hating on you. I personally won't waste my time seeing it. I don't like the cast and have no desire to sit through another craptastic FF movie.

Lastly, I'm not sure why you quoted my post. I named no one in it, nor was I responding to you personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back