Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post wrap photo

Doesn't it just scream FF4 for you. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 241
^what the hell is this :slap

Aside from the obvious miscast of johnny storm. I can't imagine what they had to do to make Jamie Bell into the thing voice wise. Don't get me wrong hes a pretty good actor, but not exactly who comes to mind when thinking of Ben Grimm.

Put me in the camp that hopes this crashes and burns so the rights may find their way back to marvel. :dunno

They tried a younger fantastic four in the comics, its called ultimate fantastic four and that crashed and burned after 7 issues and ran on smoke for the next 50. God it pains me to see that picture

The "make them younger to appeal to a new audience" is utter crap

The race of T'challa is absolutely crucial to the character. It is not so for the Human Torch. Watch Chronicle. He literally plays a flameless version of Johnny Storm. The wire showed some of his awesome acting abilities as well.

I'm not here to change your opinion. You're entitled to it. But, my opinion is that it is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I know exactly where that pic was taken in downtown Baton Rouge. . a.anyway, still very little optimism from me re: this movie. I hope they prove me wrong.

The race of T'challa is absolutely crucial to the character. It is not so for the Human Torch. Watch Chronicle. He literally plays a flameless version of Johnny Storm. The wire showed some of his awesome acting abilities as well.

I'm not here to change your opinion. You're entitled to it. But, my opinion is that it is ridiculous and embarrassing.

So complaining about changing aspects of the team is ridiculous and embarrassing?

*cough transformers*

Exactly, Michael B. Jordan is a good looking kid with a lot of charisma, he's absolutely perfect for the role, comparing this to Black Panther is absurd.

I don't like the Human Torch because he's a Caucasian man with blonde hair, I like him because of his personality and his powers.

Exactly, Michael B. Jordan is a good looking kid with a lot of charisma, he's absolutely perfect for the role, comparing this to Black Panther is absurd.

I don't like the Human Torch because he's a Caucasian man with blonde hair, I like him because of his personality and his powers.

I like Johnny because of his relationship and protectiveness towards his sister. Being "half or adoptive" is just a cheap way to get around it.

I like Johnny because of his relationship and protectiveness towards his sister. Being "half or adoptive" is just a cheap way to get around it.

They could be full brother and sister and be mixed race family man. And if not, I have a step brother that I would die for. Ain't a big deal. There are countless movies in which people who aren't even related build a bond as strong as family within the timespan of a single movie. You're really telling me a mixed race family is unbelievable...

Race changes nothing about the role except the hue of his skin. If he tanks and the movie sucks, talk all you want about his acting ability or success. But don't call him a complete mis-cast because he isn't exactly what the comic entailed. Samuel L Jackson changed how I pictured Nick Fury for ever. Why can't Michael B. Jordan do the same?

So would you have preferred if they made Sue black as well?

I don't see how that's cheap, adopted siblings can love each other too haha

I can understand if everyone hates the direction this movie is going in because the filmmakers are drawing most of their ideas from the Ultimate stories, but I don't understand hating a character being casted because he's a different color which has nothing to do with his character.

I commend Fox and Trank for going after the actor they felt was best suited for the role instead of casting someone who looks the part but can't act the part.

Do most of you guys really think Jordan will do a worse job than Chris Evans?

So would you have preferred if they made Sue black as well?

I don't see how that's cheap, adopted siblings can love each other too haha

I can understand if everyone hates the direction this movie is going in because the filmmakers are drawing most of their ideas from the Ultimate stories, but I don't understand hating a character being casted because he's a different color which has nothing to do with his character.

I commend Fox and Trank for going after the actor they felt was best suited for the role instead of casting someone who looks the part but can't act the part.

Do most of you guys really think Jordan will do a worse job than Chris Evans?

Nice to see someone has got their head on right! :hi5::duff

Unfortunately these kind of conversations are happening more and more on the forum.

Yeah you guys are right. Sorry for any inconviniences

Hey man, I can respect if you don’t like the change, I’m just trying to balance the hate in this thread towards the film. I personally think the casting is fine so far, definitely better than the Tim Story series, but in almost every thread here that isn’t MCU related movies seem to get bashed the second their announced.

Last edited:
Hey man, I can respect if you don’t like the change, I’m just trying to balance the hate in this thread towards the film. I personally think the casting is fine so far, definitely better than the Tim Story series, but in almost every thread here that isn’t MCU related movies seem to get bashed the second there announced.

Naw i know I understand all of your guys points. I was actually gonna reply with this long paragraph but family matters came up and i had a mini anxiety attack so i just decided to squash it.

We all shared out views, just have to wait for the film

Hey man, I can respect if you don’t like the change, I’m just trying to balance the hate in this thread towards the film. I personally think the casting is fine so far, definitely better than the Tim Story series, but in almost every thread here that isn’t MCU related movies seem to get bashed the second their announced.

Right? If it aint Mcu it aint a good movie. I love marvel to death but this new found hatred for marvels best characters cuz they arent marvel is stupid beyond belief. MCU is great but its not the holy grail of films.

Back