[EXTENDED 'til 7/5] PSN Store back online - Welcome Back Program Available Now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PSN Store back online - Welcome Back Program Available Now

Guys, I'm not sure if any of you know, but 100 free PS Home items are also available as part of the Welcome Back Program. You can grab them at the Central Plaza in Home... but the servers are really slow right now.

Supposedly Japan wouldn't let Sony put the PSN up at all until they answered for their mistakes and proved that everything is 100% fixed. I'm not sure if it's even up now in Japan.

obvious first pick is inFamous, but I don;t know what else to get as I already have LBP. So whats the better of the other 3?

don't see my items in the cart or downloads....

don't see my items in the cart or downloads....

Same, my "Free PS3 Game 1" is gone now (tried to get Dead Nation), but I can't find anything to show for it...

I'm gonna wait a day or two until all the bugs are worked out and most people snag their freebies. I'm just glad I was able to dl all my content that I lost when my PS3 died a month ago.

Same, my "Free PS3 Game 1" is gone now (tried to get Dead Nation), but I can't find anything to show for it...

Go back to your main PS3 menu. Go to Account Management ---> Transaction Management ---> Service List ---> SCEA Promotion. Then you can select your games if the stuff disappeared from the PS Store.

Supposedly Japan wouldn't let Sony put the PSN up at all until they answered for their mistakes and proved that everything is 100% fixed. I'm not sure if it's even up now in Japan.

As much as I sympathize for Sony on what's happened to them, the Japanese government is right to hold them accountable. As for North America, I don't feel as if everything's back to the way it should be, especially with the threat of more hacking attacks in the coming weeks. It seems as if SCEA has been rushing things out, because they were under so much pressure from their customers to get the PSN up and running again.

As much as I sympathize for Sony on what's happened to them, the Japanese government is right to hold them accountable. As for North America, I don't feel as if everything's back to the way it should be, especially with the threat of more hacking attacks in the coming weeks. It seems as if SCEA has been rushing things out, because they were under so much pressure from their customers to get the PSN up and running again.

You're probably right. I would expect more hacks in the future. Which, for Sony and its customers, really sucks.

Hackers are crap.

Got my 2 free games with little hassle :yess:

I didn't realize how long it took to download a game, and then install it. I'm currently installing Infamous. It took almost 300 hours to download, and I have fast net for my ps3. I just let it run while I went to bed and had it on automatic shut-off. It has only installed about 6 or so % so that will take a while.

After that I'm going to the fiancee's account to get little big planet. Then back to mine to see if it's 2 per playstation, or 2 per account. :D

Yep. I was just coming by to say that. I'm going to try little big planet on the fiancee's account. If I like it I may get it. But I'm curious about Dead Nation. Is it all aerial view? Cause that will get really old, very fast.

Its still ridiculous - 3 freaking days to download a game - and whats up withe video section , you have the choice of 3 crappy movies , whatever

I don't know. I started downloading inFamous around 3 pm eastern on the first day. Checked on it around 11 pm, it was at 78 %, went to bed, woke up around 4, and installed it. So, I'd estimate that it finished downloading around 2. So, 11 hours.

Wow 11 hours? That's just too much.

I wanted to add that it looks like if you download a game on one account, it's available on your other accounts as well. I just downloaded Little Big Planet on the fiancees and Infamous (that was done on my account) is also available. Nice. I can't tell yet for sure, but it shows it there. I'll try it out once the install is done for LBP.

So, this is what I got:
On my main account: Infamous and Little Big Planet
On my other account: Dead Nation and Wipeout HD

If any of you want to play online on LBP and Wipeout, feel free to send me a request. My PSN ID is blade7117.

Back