Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda respect them not selling out.

Yea, me too. Sure, it sucks I can't buy a really nice high end Alex Delarge for a reasonable price but it's also great that I don't have to walk through a store and see The Shining plastered onto toasters and winter coats etc. It makes the stuff that does get made feel more artistic and collectible too.

Merchandising one's creative works is selling out?

If against their wishes, then yes. We're talking about his wife after all. To give up his wishes for after he was gone for money she doesn't need is selling out to be fair.

^^ Kubrick's estate doesn't license toys. They are "beneath" his legacy. Came close with Funko but fell through. It likely won't happen while Christiane is alive.

IIRC, the contracts with Warner Bros. allows Kubrick (and the estate) control over merchandising and they've never authorized any kind of merchandise, not just toys.

Merchandising one's creative works is selling out?

Okay, let me try to explain what I meant.

I am all for Mr. Kubrick himself selling his properties use, because it was his work to do so. I think his family not doing so is very respectful of what he wanted...thus not selling out his wishes.... even though he is not here to prevent it.

I'm still pondering picking up Dave and Frank. Price is a little north of what I was hoping, but still doable. Wish there was more to them and the big noggins are not the best of sculpts. Maybe I'll go rewatch the movie in the next few days, which will probably send me racing over to preorder.

I'm still pondering picking up Dave and Frank. Price is a little north of what I was hoping, but still doable. Wish there was more to them and the big noggins are not the best of sculpts. Maybe I'll go rewatch the movie in the next few days, which will probably send me racing over to preorder.

I will order at least one this week....would like all three though! Anyone pre order Blue?

Hey, these are the same guys that showed off that 1/6 pod a few years back, right? Is that still going to happen too?

Yea, me too. Sure, it sucks I can't buy a really nice high end Alex Delarge for a reasonable price but it's also great that I don't have to walk through a store and see The Shining plastered onto toasters and winter coats etc. It makes the stuff that does get made feel more artistic and collectible too.

If against their wishes, then yes.
We're talking about his wife after all. To give up his wishes for after he was gone for money she doesn't need is selling out to be fair.

Okay, let me try to explain what I meant.

I am all for Mr. Kubrick himself selling his properties use, because it was his work to do so. I think his family not doing so is very respectful of what he wanted...thus not selling out his wishes.... even though he is not here to prevent it.

Gotcha, thanks :)

Back