Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's much easier to pass on principle when I can't afford it anyway.

One day, maybe one day we'll get a legit Dave figure at least... the movie deserves it.

Nope, not going to happen as long as a member of the Kubrick family is alive.

$380 for these suits is pretty reasonable in this modern environment. As mentioned just the suits were just selling for $550.

Nope, not going to happen as long as a member of the Kubrick family is alive.

$380 for these suits is pretty reasonable in this modern environment. As mentioned just the suits were just selling for $550.

I didn't know about the license grip the Kubricks had on 1/6 figures. That sucks for us.

Yeah, I guess $380 is sort of reasonable, especially for lower production runs. I've paid that kind of money for figures before, but I've reached a stage in life where my kids have become more expensive. But the association with a past scam doesn't make them very attractive either.

^
Going through *almost* the entire order process, it seemed to me my only option was to use PayPal.

Over the years, I have bought a few of the old short suits* on eBay. I even paid for a custom several months ago (I assume still in progress). I need to wait to see if I want these, also.

I wish the head sculpts were more photorealistic.

*I would post a photo of my old suits, but that might be frowned upon. :monkey3

They had a much better head sculpt of Dullea at NYCC a few years ago. The same sculptor was working on a Lockwood that was never completed or shown publicly, but was way ahead of what they are offering now. Same thing happened with the Robinson children prototypes from Lost in Space. The partnership with Phichen must be forcing them to use Phichen sculptors for portraits, which is a shame because they are too stylized. Looking at ebay most of Executive Replicas figures are holding their retail value. Since there is almost zero chance of fully licensed 2001 figures ever happening this is probably about as cheap as you will ever be able to get these figures.

$380? yikes!

Spenser made this one not too long ago and I think in many regards it looked much better. I would buy this figure for $200 but certainly not $380

Wonder how long before release? They should at least give you an idea...

I'm definitely interested... but don't have a lot of faith the final product will be worth $380. At around $200 I'd have been in... but nearly $400 from a so-so company is not very appealing.

Interestingly you can buy just the blue suit for $250... too bad they don't offer than for the red one.

And Dave, are you sure the suits they are showing are the Twinch ones? Just looking at pictures of the original figures they look bulkier than what is being shown here; not to mention the silver stripes on the shoulders being thinner :huh

2001-01.jpg
d1ec0e_a9c735faaf034a0c8c15f579a72d803d.jpg

June would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if BBTS will have them? Going to PO both astronauts- yes I'm a major 2001 junkie....

Definitely getting the Executive Replica red suit. This one looks way better than Twinch and the recent custom figure.

I'm definitely interested... but don't have a lot of faith the final product will be worth $380. At around $200 I'd have been in... but nearly $400 from a so-so company is not very appealing.

Interestingly you can buy just the blue suit for $250... too bad they don't offer than for the red one.

And Dave, are you sure the suits they are showing are the Twinch ones? Just looking at pictures of the original figures they look bulkier than what is being shown here; not to mention the silver stripes on the shoulders being thinner :huh

2001-01.jpg

Ah, hadn't noticed that. If they are using a standard modern 1:6 body they can't be using the Twinch suits since they won't fit. I'll look at mine a bit closer tonight.

I checked out the Monster in Motion ones and their pics look identical to the original Twinch suits, but I think what ER is showing is new.

The first suit they showed back at the 2009 NYCC was definitely an old Twinch suit though, so somewhere along the way they seem to have developed their own.

I don't see how they could be using the Twinch suits...
Those were made over a decade ago, and not many of them, and there are differences in size and detailing.

I finally got an answer on the Executive Replicas page if their suits/accessories are Twinch Squad sculpts/pieces. Executive Replicas said:

This is a completely brand new product in every aspect and unrelated to any other products.

Also asked if the red and yellow suits would be available without figure at any point, but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Sean

Yeah, it's clearly different. But, it didn't help that the first time the figure was ever shown it was using a Twinch suit.

I don't see any blue suits - ?

2001-01.jpg

Back