Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks spindrift! By the way <<< I >>> am the biggest 2001 fan. Sorry. :lol

Good news: I sent my images to the manufacturer; The president of Executive Replicas emailed me back only a couple hours later, and said that he wants to use my images for the final figures. That means
1) I won't have to have them printed as delicate water-slide decals,
2) they will be machine-printed directly onto the plastic,
3) I will be credited, and
4) my efforts will be rewarded with a free blue suit, the other one that I wanted. (I pre-ordered the red Dave Bowman already)

:yess:

--

Congratulations!

I think you could have held out for a complete set of all three astronauts.

That was generous on the part of ER.

Good news: I sent my images to the manufacturer; The president of Executive Replicas emailed me back only a couple hours later, and said that he wants to use my images for the final figures. That means
4) my efforts will be rewarded with a free blue suit, the other one that I wanted. (I pre-ordered the red Dave Bowman already)

That's pretty cool -- thank you!

Ok WE are the biggest 2001 fans!!

GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! You should ask him if they are on track for June- I want these soooooo badly!

I plan on getting these as well, but I have this custom from the board. Are you planning to make the decals regardless? (hope its okay to post a pic of the other suit)

IMG_0633.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 273
Cool that they are going to use the decals.Did he say the the head sculpts are final because? Preordered all three.

We didn't discuss the head sculpts in the emails we exchanged. I hesitate to bring it up, because I don't want to insult anyone or to sound like I'm wanting too many changes. Honestly, I think there will be many tweaks before release.

They seem pretty proud of those head sculpts in all the advertising. I'm not sure they plan on changing anything, it certainly doesn't sound like they are. To me the sculpts are far too cartoony.

Sean

Back