eFX X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, but not $1200 nice.

:lecture I'll be content with a Code3-scaled X-Wing, but eFX-accurate at a fraction of the price. I would rather invest those $1400 (shipping, plus tax if you're in CA) into A-list PFs. I'll get more enjoyment out of a dynamic and colorful character gallery over a large, drab, static model.

This is still cheaper than the nearly identical piece ICONS did in the late 90s ($1500 for that beauty - in 1997 dollars). Now add to the eFX version the opening/closing wings and the lighting effects which were not present on the ICONS version, and I think we've got a bargain on our hands.

Yes, there's no question that the price puts it out of the reach of many a hopeful collector out there who would love to add this piece to their high-end collection, but honestly I'm not sure what some of you were expecting...

The problem is that eFX has a different sales model than MR ever did, and it's difficult to predict how that will affect things. As I understand it, eFX only sells things directly and not through other retailers (at least within the US). This means no discounts or clearances unless something fails to sell for a long time (and I think that is unlikely if they plan it well enough). It's possible that prices will in fact go up on the secondary market.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the diecast announcement. I was bummed that the Code 3 AT-AT never saw the light of day.

The Falcon is the only Code 3 ship I didn't get, so I'm hoping eFX will make a better one. I just hope the line won't be too expensive.

If the X-Wing is $1199..the Falcon would probably $1500-2500 pending on the size...

has any MR studio scale piece really sold for more than msrp? We all know what happend with the falcon and both at-at's have sold for less than $1k; the snowspeeder can be had for half price...maybe the y-wing has gone up in value? (and if so, probably because they never produced as many as the were supposed to).

My point is that over time, history has shown these items (studio scale models) barely hold there value or sell for well less than msrp - so I would be surprised if the same does not happen with the x-wing.

Something else to think about - edition size. There will be 1000 X-wings, so they will have less of a chance of bottoming out. Here's a list of the MR Studio Scales:

Falcon Regular - 1500
Falcon SE - 500
AT-AT V1 - 1000
AT-AT V2 - 750
Snowspeeder - 1500
Y-Wing - 500 estimated

The Y-wing was underproduced. The X will do fine. But one thing to consider is that back in the heyday of MR, edition sizes were higher, and they sold through. That's not quite possible anymore.

I say this as a proud MR falcon owner, but it's no wonder that they had to clearance them out with 2000 of them floating around. Even a few years ago, it was a stretch to think there would be so many people wanting to buy such high end stuff (and something so big and difficult to display as well).

i know next to nothing about the SS that MR did back in the day other than the pictures I've seen - and while they look very nice, the X-Wing (IMO) is so iconic to SW and has features above and beyond the piece that Icons did that I can see this SS doing very well in the secondary market. It will take some time go get there given our current economic status.

I know that I plan on displaying mine proudly and not always guessing how much profit I can make when I sell it.

This thread keeps reminding me that I need to find a Falcon in the EU... :eek:

I am actively trying to find an AT-AT right now either version. If anyone wants to sell me one please send me a PM.

I cant wait to order the X-Wing.

This will be available for lower than retail depending on the ES. if the ES is over 1000, im just going to wait for that to happen.

Back