eFX X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone ran into light problems before?

I recently bought a X-wing from a forum member here and when it got here none of the lights are working. I bought a voltage tester to see if the AC adapter is working properly and it is. There is electricity going all the way up to bottom of the X-Wing but the lights just won't go on.

Can someone help me out?
Wow, sorry to hear. Hope you can get this one back up and running.

Damn :/ It's not like the falcon with the finnicky connection since it's a pretty solid cable connection. Make sure there isn't any rust or anything on the connectors? Unfortunately sometimes they can just die, the wiring in there isn't exactly the best ever and getting shipped might have knocked some of the soldered wires out off :(

Damn :/ It's not like the falcon with the finnicky connection since it's a pretty solid cable connection. Make sure there isn't any rust or anything on the connectors? Unfortunately sometimes they can just die, the wiring in there isn't exactly the best ever and getting shipped might have knocked some of the soldered wires out off :(

Thank you for the information dao2!

What do you think would be my best course of action in this scenario? The seller is reputable and seems like a honest person so I doubt he lied about the condition of the X-wing.

Also, can any owner of this X-Wing verify if this is the voltage stated on the original adapter?
Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60H
Output: DC 4.5V 300 mA

Thanks again!!

I don't have an EFX X-wing however I do have a MR Falcon. According to this post: eFX X-Wing Questions Answered it should be the same (I assuming because EFX is basically reformed MR and they never made a Falcon or Enterprise yet and both of the MR ones used the same adapter).

Also because my MR Falcon adaptor looks exactly the same which I saw from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3BrSOyaiKE at 2:37
It has the exact same little concave circle part and that upside shaped ribbon engraving thing on it and the little fat round bit that's around the cable after the power brick

According to the adapter the model is a: 3A-161WP09

Input 100-240v, 50-60hz .6A
Output 9V 1.7A

Try a 9V if you have one handy? Or possibly the MR Falcon or Enterprise? :p

Last edited:
Thanks again for the information dao2!
It seems like the adapter I got wasn't the original and it might be causing the problem.
I'll try and get a 9V adapter tomorrow and hopefully it'll work!

Good luck :) Let us know how it goes!

edit: btw does your adapter look different then the one in the vid?

Last edited:
Found a 12V adapter and plugged it into the stand then boom! All the lights lid up!

Thanks for the help dao2!!!!

Nice and grats! Maybe get a 9v for the long run, I'm not an electrician but I think over-voltage might be a real thing? Not sarcasm not totally sure but it seems like it would be a bad thing to do :p

Yea I am going to work with the seller and see if he could find the original for me, and I am going to radioshack tomorrow to get a 9V adapter for the time being.

I was never gonna display it with lights on anyway, but its great to have that feature available :D

Thanks again buddy!

Yea I am going to work with the seller and see if he could find the original for me, and I am going to radioshack tomorrow to get a 9V adapter for the time being.

I was never gonna display it with lights on anyway, but its great to have that feature available :D

Thanks again buddy!
You at least know that everything is in working order. Just have to get the right adapter now.

Thanks again buddy!

The lights hardly ever come on on mine, but it's nice once in a while to light it up and show it off. Especially to people who have never seen something like that before. Good luck on getting everything straightened out.

I agree slynger, having that option available is important for me! Glad it's only the problem with the adapter.

@Centurion yea I am glad it was an easy fix. Was gonna repack the whole thing and go to efx's office if I can't get the lights to work haha

Man, how much do these go for nowadays?....havent seen one for sale in ages

Back