Prop eFX Luke Skywalker ANH X-Wing Pilot Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW.. glad I didn't oreder.

For $500 plus these should be damn near perfect, especially since they are claiming screen accurate prop replica!

The weathering is not like in the movie IMO. It doesn't need to be identical but close. And it is not really. Too bad I do not have a way to make better screen grabs except from some low quality youtube vids. Maybe someone else could take better screenshots and show us the screen used weathering compared to the replica.

33azz14.jpg

awz34n.jpg

Wow. Glad I sold my signature edition on eBay and made a nice profit while I had the chance. After seeing these pics I'm not sorry I did so.

Taking a quick look around the RPF, it seems that the weathering for the helmet actually seems to vary from scene to scene.

The helmet may be accurate for one portion of the film, but not others. It may also be accurate to the prop that is in the archives, though it seems it's pretty beat up.

is this the part in the movie where everyone says how glad they are they passed not because they had no interest in the first place but because it's not accurate?

Taking a quick look around the RPF, it seems that the weathering for the helmet actually seems to vary from scene to scene.

The helmet may be accurate for one portion of the film, but not others. It may also be accurate to the prop that is in the archives, though it seems it's pretty beat up.

See last post.

Last edited:
Last night I spoke with Gino on the phone about this helmet. After speaking with him I felt some of my comments on this thread should be clarified with more up to date information, so that anyone thinking of buying one will have an open view to make their own decision.

The last time I had been to Lucas Archives was in 2004. At that time they only had 1 "production made" Skywalker helmet, and a ton of other pilot helmets from the original film. As I suspected this helmet that I had seen was in fact a promotion helmet, and not a screen used, nor produciton made piece. Since the last time I was at the Archives it would appear that they have either located in their Archives the original Luke helmet, or they had acquired it sometime between 2004 and 2011. This would not surprise me as the few times that I had visted the Archives, it was a mess. Tons of unopened boxes dating back to 1983, and stuff missmoshed all over the place. Gino told me last night that the Archives is now nicely organised, and that pieces are treated as they should be. So I would not be surprised in the least if one of the multiple boxes, or some shelf in fact had Luke's original helmet.

This being said. I personaly have never seen photos nor in person the helmet that EFX based theirs on, so the paint application on the one being offered may in fact be closer to the original that I had said. I would hope that Gino, or someone at EFX would post some photos of the original helmet for comparison, assuming they are allowed to do so.

I hope that this clarifies, and gives anyone a clear perspective on the EFX product.

For those that have ordered this helmet enjoy, for those thinking about buying one enjoy.

Last edited:
Its not just the weathering that the problem. The entire paint job is horrible. This helmet looks like something you could buy at Target. The enitre accuracy of this helmet is non existent. For the price paid for this thing, there should be no reason to have to get it repainted.

There tons of guys in the Rebel Legion, and 501st that have helmet shells cast right off an original, so the "fact" that EFX used the original from Lucas Archives as their basis only goes to show just how lazy this production became, and how EFX can make such small runs, yet profit so much from a single product.

"Clarified with more up to date information?" :lol

So looking at your last post and some edits here and there I see you spoke to Gino, found Jesus and got off your high horse of harsh criticisms. Good for you.

Moral of the story: perhaps there is more to these eFX products than what the accuracy police here or in the RPF gives them credit for. Take them for what they are: smaller than usual runs but still mass produced items that look pretty damn good with better than Sideshow QC.

These type of rants help illustrate that there are always "experts" on message boards with "facts" that like to come out wild west style guns blazing wearing their strong opinions on their sleeves. In the end is all just harsh opinions from some guy with a keyboard that turns out went to the Lucas Archives and saw some stuff...but did not really "see" it. I read this kind of crap at the RPF and it's just as boring there.

Buy what you like folks.

"Clarified with more up to date information?" :lol

So looking at your last post and some edits here and there I see you spoke to Gino, found Jesus and got off your high horse of harsh criticisms. Good for you.

Moral of the story: perhaps there is more to these eFX products than what the accuracy police here or in the RPF gives them credit for. Take them for what they are: smaller than usual runs but still mass produced items that look pretty damn good with better than Sideshow QC.

These type of rants help illustrate that there are always "experts" on message boards with "facts" that like to come out wild west style guns blazing wearing their strong opinions on their sleeves. In the end is all just harsh opinions from some guy with a keyboard that turns out went to the Lucas Archives and saw some stuff...but did not really "see" it. I read this kind of crap at the RPF and it's just as boring there.

Buy what you like folks.

No.....I still stand by my opinion of the helmet itself in terms of quality for dollar value. All I did was clarify the fact that the paint scheme may have been based on a helmet that I had not seen. I still believe that there are far better values to be had within the RPF and 501st, but some of the information, and personal experience was a bit different than the relevant facts about the basis of the EFX helmet. For all the hype around this particular helmet, its not at all what I would expect for the price tag. No harm in having an opinion. I simply wanted to clarify that part of my experience was a bit out of date. Nothing more.

On the flip side the EFX Vader helmet is awesome and well worth every penny. So its not so much EFX as a company, its this particular product that struck a cord in me. You should always buy what you like, and enjoy what you get, regardless of anyone else's opinion. I did not "see the light" I updated my statement. Big deal.

Has anyone had problems having their January deposit for the ANH Luke helmet taken out of their bank account? Mine was never processed and Efx isn't answering their phones or replying to emails...WTF! :mad:

^ Man that blows! I hope everything works out for you. I missed ordering this one.

Man I am sorry you have to sell yours Jack!

Here is my Youtube if anyone wants to see what Jack is selling!
I love mine! Buy it you will not regret it!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeU-Bb1hCTg[/ame]

Back