Prop eFX Luke Skywalker ANH X-Wing Pilot Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw that. The painting/finishing is not what I would consider good quality.
Also, SDS makes a lot of claims that are falsehoods.
Don't take my word for it. Ask around the prop collecting community or anyone over at the RPF.

I never saw that. The painting/finishing is not what I would consider good quality.
Also, SDS makes a lot of claims that are falsehoods.
Don't take my word for it. Ask around the prop collecting community or anyone over at the RPF.

Will do. But I have always heard the 501 guys like their buckets.

yah.. and there is not one in site for sale. (not that I would pay 2nd seller prices)

This would display perfectly next to one.. by itself... I'm not sure.

Wow! Considering how many complaints they posted on Rebelscum about the price, I'm surprised it sold out so fast.

:horror Sold out already! :thud: Definetley not enough notice for this one. If the timeing wasn't so close to x-mas I would have been able to pick one up. Damn it!!! :censored

I always wonder how a company can made ridiculously small production runs and make a long term business model out of it.

They pay an artist for a prototype in clay or 3D, pay for molds and tooling, prototyping, marketing, production costs, paint and finishing and packaging....

And then sell a few thousand units at 500 dollars a pop.

They would need to sell 2000 units for each million dollars in sales, but that's before expenses. Lucas will take a very substantial percentage and then there's taxes, salaries, and paying for production.

From a profitability POV I would think they would need to produce tens of thousands to make any profit.

I don't believe they pre-sold tens of thousands that quickly.

The ES is only 750.

Ah, I overlooked that.

So 750x579.00 = 434,250 USD

Now lets say Lucas takes 25% of that.

434,250 - 108,562 = 325,688

eFX has to pay production expenses for producing this item, expenses for running the company, salaries and taxes from 325,688 dollars.

IMHO that's not a long term business model. Heck, 325k isn't even enough to brag about at the golf course.

multiply that by 2 or 3 more products per year.

Plus how many people actually work there?? 6?

Office rental, equiptment, utilities, website hosting and maintenance, licensing, travel....

Not to mention there's probably investors who want a cut. Venture capitalists aren't the most patient people.

Usually you want at least 20-30 percent profit on a product. I'd be stunned if they are making that.

I want to see if the mohawk decal is wrong on just this particular piece and not the whole run.

The ESB version seems to be aligned correctly in the front.

If I'd get this helmet then the next step would be to send it to an artist on RPF like Madrid Boba or other talented painters there, to repaint the weathering and really make it screen accurate. The weathering is too simple and plain...

4FSuVD0pH52H15voE24WIB9y&cache=Y&height=700&width=640

3YgN0U28aqVi03tTUP0Ese19&cache=Y&height=640&width=800

Its not just the weathering that the problem. The entire paint job is horrible. This helmet looks like something you could buy at Target. The enitre accuracy of this helmet is non existent. For the price paid for this thing, there should be no reason to have to get it repainted.

There tons of guys in the Rebel Legion, and 501st that have helmet shells cast right off an original, so the "fact" that EFX used the original from Lucas Archives as their basis only goes to show just how lazy this production became, and how EFX can make such small runs, yet profit so much from a single product.

Back