Doctor Who 1:6 from BCS - Which Doctor(s) Should They Make in 2014 and 2015?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select Which Doctor Figures You Want BCS to make in 2014/2015

• 2nd Doctor

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • 3rd Doctor

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • 5th Doctor

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • 6th Doctor

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 7th Doctor

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 8th Doctor

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • 9th Doctor

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • War Doctor

Votes: 30 34.9%

• Total voters
I'm excited to see Pertwee get such support. I knew he was a popular-ish Doctor, but was never quite sure how popular.

All of them.
Q1. First Doctor
Q2. Ninth Doctor and Third Doctor
Q3. Second Doctor and Sixth Doctor
Q4. Twelfth Doctor and Fifth Doctor

Leaving Seven and Eight for per order around Christmas.

That one figure around every other month.

Doable.

All of them.
Q1. First Doctor

Doable.

And no one would buy them Becuase that's TOO DAMNED MANY at once :lol

All of them.
Q1. First Doctor

Doable.

:horror

Yeah, if your name is Gates, Getty, Rockefeller, Trump, of Brunei etc. That's way too fast for even a cash mad collector!

I cannot fault you for your enthusiasm David, but that schedule is a killer! How about just two three year, one every four to six months? It gives folks time to save, and is enough time for anticipation to build for the next figure.

I say hit em hard and fast.
Let's say that those Sherlock figures were two Who's. I believe everyone would have still jumped on them.
BC have those and 1, a second 11 and possibly a second 10 lined up for the first and second quarters I'd guess. That's 5. I'd prefer my schedule !! I'm bias. Rather have new figures than second versions of ones we have.

I say hit em hard and fast.
Let's say that those Sherlock figures were two Who's. I believe everyone would have still jumped on them.
BC have those and 1, a second 11 and possibly a second 10 lined up for the first and second quarters I'd guess. That's 5. I'd prefer my schedule !! I'm bias. Rather have new figures than second versions of ones we have.

Whoa, slow down there, young man!

Regarding the second 10, I think it would make sense for them to wait a year or two, to allow anticipation to build. By the time 2015 comes round people will be desperate for a new 10 to be announced (he'll be going for three times the current price on ebay by then).

I think a new 11 is a good idea but only in the next six months. The execution of Ten is such an improvement on 11 that they ought to get a new one out asap.

They should do a Capaldi figure asap because you never know how long he will be around for. He's embarking on a very, very gruelling schedule and his contract is only for one year currently.

If they do a new 11 and Hartnell this year, plus Capaldi and the Sherlock figures that's quite a lot. I would not like BC to overstretch themselves. Three doctors a year is enough I think, plus figures from other licences. Their next doctor after 1 and new 11 should be 9 because they'll make a ton of money on him.

The year after, 2015, they should do a Troughton without a shadow of a doubt, and a new 10. Two reasons for Troughton; first, he's popular but not as popular as Pertwee, so they really want to sell him first before they put a Pertwee out. Second, by that time we should be well into a bunch of new DVD releases of newly found Troughton episodes, giving him a great media profile.

After that they should do a new 4 and then Pertwee, the last of the classic Doctors who I think they can pretty much guarantee selling a thousand of. A new 4 with a different HS wuld sell to people like me who want a 'grinning' head, hopefully on a season 17 outfit. The only other outfit they could sell for 4 would be a Season 18 outfit down the line (serious face, no eyepopping). They should also remember that Tom's not getting any younger. As for the other Doctors, I just can't see them selling out - Tom hasn't sold out yet after six months - and they should only make them when they've diversified into other lines (daleks, other licences) to avoid another Amy situation.

But anyway, the future looks bright, for BC and for us.

Well it might not be usual policy but I would say the hype around 10 is so big right now and if BCS 'found' another 1000 in the back of the cupboard they'ed sell out before 2014 hits let alone waiting untill 2015. I know it's highly unlikely they would do another run soon....but then again...who knows :)

I think BC would be smart to do a blue suit 10 and purple coat 11. Those are your fangirl Doctors and will be a much easier sell. They still have some Tom Bakers for sale on their site, and that's Tom F'ing Baker. I thought for sure he'd have been sold out long before now. Imagine how much tougher it's gonna be to push the other classic Docs. Especially the first 3 without signature editions to sweeten the pot.

See you can say "It's Tom F'ing Baker" but the thing is that you're hitting at the idea that buyers are fans of the older Who as well. From what I can gather the Neo Who has a mad following and even within that there is a smaller community that went back to 1963 to watch and know all of it. A large chunk simply go from 2005 and forward (and get made fun of quite a bit).

So it makes sense that Tennant or Smith would sell faster than ol' Tom despite being THE FACE of Who for more than a generation.

BCS would be smart to throw an older Doctor in with a newer offering and interchange them. Make a Weeping Angel that will sell quickly and have it buffer a slower selling Colin Baker.

See you can say "It's Tom F'ing Baker" but the thing is that you're hitting at the idea that buyers are fans of the older Who as well. From what I can gather the Neo Who has a mad following and even within that there is a smaller community that went back to 1963 to watch and know all of it. A large chunk simply go from 2005 and forward (and get made fun of quite a bit).

I was actually making the opposite point. I think it shows that BC's buyers are probably largely new series fans, specifically Tennant and Smith thanks to appealing to both fanboys and girls. If the most popular of the classic Doctors, by an overwhelming margin, is a slow seller, imagine how slowly that Hartnell is gonna move with no signature edition. BC would be wise to keep those 10 and 11 in the mix.

I think BC would be smart to do a blue suit 10 and purple coat 11. Those are your fangirl Doctors and will be a much easier sell. They still have some Tom Bakers for sale on their site, and that's Tom F'ing Baker. I thought for sure he'd have been sold out long before now. Imagine how much tougher it's gonna be to push the other classic Docs. Especially the first 3 without signature editions to sweeten the pot.

I was actually making the opposite point. I think it shows that BC's buyers are probably largely new series fans, specifically Tennant and Smith thanks to appealing to both fanboys and girls. If the most popular of the classic Doctors, by an overwhelming margin, is a slow seller, imagine how slowly that Hartnell is gonna move with no signature edition. BC would be wise to keep those 10 and 11 in the mix.

Exactly my thoughts.

Definitely 9th and 3rd. Apart from that, the 8th is a good a chance due to his Great resurgence of late (And rightly so :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Also a Captain Jack would be awesome!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Did you not buy the TONNER doll?

tonner-dolls.jpg

(Joke)

Did you not buy the TONNER doll?

tonner-dolls.jpg

(Joke)

Aaargh! Don't ever do that to me again!

Great points made about nuWho, they should certainly get a 9 up for order asap. They could eventually sell a 'three nuWho Doctors' package.

As for the other Doctors, only 1-4 and 9-12 will sell.

I do think the problem with Tom is that people like me are waiting for an alternate smiling portrait and won't buy the one that's currently available.

Back