Doctor Who 1:6 from BCS - New Series Companions - Which Do You Want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which New Series Companions Do You Want?

• Rose Tyler

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Martha Jones

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Donna Noble

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Wilf Mott

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Amy Pond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rory Williams

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • River Song

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Mickey Smith

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Captain Jack Harkness

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Clara Oswald

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
The only one I would buy at this kind of price point is Jack. And unlike any of the other choices listed, I'd feel pretty confident in doing so.

Not only does he have the benefit of having an outfit that is well suited to 1:6 scale reproduction, as well as plenty of scope for cool accessories, but he also had the chance to appear opposite two of the last three Doctors (I'm still a touch disappointed he never appeared with Smith, actually), and to lead his own spinoff show as well. He's pretty much the New Series Brig in many ways, or could have been.

The rest, I don't think most would sell well enough to ever be practical to be honest. It's easy to like the idea of something, but when it comes time to actually lay down the cash, for reality to hit and then suddenly realise that a certain character may not be worth quite that much money out of your pocket to you after all. And I think most of those characters fall into that category for me. I love Bernard Cribbins as Wilf, but the reality is I'm not going to lay down two hundred pounds or so (including shipping) to own a figure of him.

And a lot of them have other issues too, whether it be Piper's licensing, or just the fact that female figures are notoriously difficult to do at this scale successfully, and so always feel like a bit of a risk.

Nope, it would just be Jack for me, I'm afraid.

Back