Do you think there will be a new 1/6 LOTR figure shown at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called, demanded an honest answer (not that means anything) and was told there are definetley not cancelling the line, they will have new stuff shortly and that there was nothing new as they were working hard on the joes and SW stuff.
Take it for what its worth

Ok... I'll let the Joes slide by.. but those complaining SW fans shouldn't get this much attention... it's bad for their health!!!

Well, that's cool news.
I'm looking forward to finishing the fellowship and then picking and choosing.
There's just so much amazing stuff to make, the mind boggles.

Ringwraiths, Rohirrim, Orcs (about four different types?), Uruk Hai, Elves (some three different types?), Gondorian guards... and then the characters... Arwen, Eowyn, Theoden, Saruman, Sauron, Witch King of Angmar, Gandalf the White, at least one more Aragorn, Grima, Elrond (two?), Gimli, Eomer... damn, it's a lot of possibilities.

I really doubt SS invested in the new Hobbit body not to at least finish the Fellowship and at least a Ringwrath.
well SS did say that this new body would be used for other small characters like SW aliens. not just hobbits.

they try the body out first on the hobbits(cuz SS doesnt really believe in the LOTR anyway). then they can find all the faults and improve on them before they can use the body on "precious SW".

I want whatever LOTR 12" figures they'll throw at me.

Of course they'll bounce off and break, but throw them anyway, Sideshow!

Where's Gimli? Toss him!(Just don't tell the Elf!)

I was thinkg about this some more, obviously SS is not going to let it out that they are cancelling the line, or they would have 4000 Gandolfs in inventory. If they dont announce another one before he ships, something is afoot and Im cancelling my order.

it just would feel right having a half complete fellowship. everytime i would see the figures I DO have it would only remind me of the ones I SHOULD of had.

I think it all depends upon the sales. Their investment in the line's future probably depends upon how many people order the others (and don't cancel). With only three characters left, I can see them finishing the Fellowship--even as low ES site exclusives.

I think it all depends upon the sales. Their investment in the line's future probably depends upon how many people order the others (and don't cancel). With only three characters left, I can see them finishing the Fellowship--even as low ES site exclusives.

That may be the only way we get them. Just based on nothing at the show including GTG.

I would say that the limited space devoted to LOTR (and the absence of notable recent/pending releases on display) at the booth should speak volumes.

And Frodo and Sam are STILL available.

I definitely think this line is finished.

As you guys say, SS will probably complete the Fellowship in small editions and with the remaining figures selling far apart. Could easily be another year before you have the entire Fellowship completed.

Gone are hopes of Saruman...Wormtongue... GOTHMOG.... Ringwraithes... Orcs, or anyone to fight... etc...

Merry and Pippin will be next, to use the left over Frodo and Sam bodies. Joking, but I'll bet they're next, although this time maybe separated.

Gimli will be last. Same "Hobbit" body. Just raised boots or something. I don't expect SS to make any extra effort with this line now.

Just finish it.

NOTE TO CUSTOMIZERS: This would be a good time to offer some companion pieces for the guys here.

If Sideshow does not finish the Fellowship I just might give up on collecting all together.

I have very limited space and can collect only a few lines. The three that I am into the most are

12 inch Fellowship from Sideshow
Animated Pirates from GG
and James Bond PFs from Sidehsow

Sideshow has seemed to forgotten about Bond long ago.
GG is giving up on Pirates

and now it seems that there might be a possibility of not even getting a complete Fellowship set.

This is totally lame.

Back