Do you think there will be a new 1/6 LOTR figure shown at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not good... it's almost as if there are just going to cancell the line... sweep it under the carpet like it neve happened!!!

For some reason I think Sideshow has employed this tactic before.... :monkey3

:(

Yeah, once or twice... or thrice.

I feel for you guys, I've been through it myself. Hopefully this has a better outcome and you'll at least get the the last 3 of the Fellowship.

So if the LOTR line is over, what was the cause?

Is it because LOTR just isn't popular enough or was it a bad strategic decision to make these more expensive than their other lines, or was it the slow release schedule, or what?

If the problem is rooted in that the line is priced too high to sustain a line then that bodes poorly for the company in general because all their lines are now in that higher price range.

So if the LOTR line is over, what was the cause?

Is it because LOTR just isn't popular enough or was it a bad strategic decision to make these more expensive than their other lines, or was it the slow release schedule, or what?

If the problem is rooted in that the line is priced too high to sustain a line then that bodes poorly for the company in general because all their lines are now in that higher price range.
If it is over my guess is that it was a mixture of things. On their Comic Con question and answer page someone asked about the GI Joe line. SS said they are going to try to release one every quarter. That is a far cry from the time we get releases. The quality control on paint aps turned alot of people off. The hobbits are great, but so was Boromir and then we got Faramir. Why is it when you order a HT or a bbi the head sculpt you recieve is the same as the one that was shown. And finally the price. IMHO and I have all the LOTR they've released so far, the price point is getting just a little to high for what you receive.

Is this all speculation?? Has anyone at the con asked SS and they have said "the line is canclled"?

if they quit now when they are just 3 figures away I will have lost a lot of respect for sideshow. I really hope all this speculation turns out to be untrue but i've got a bad feeling about this

I hope not, my hobitts are still boxed up in the SS box and Id return them in a heart beat

Sideshow Corie told me in chat that this isn't the end of 1:6 LOTR. I sure hope its true.

Has there been any word from SS about this line other than this statement. Why are there no new figures? And any word why Gandalf is not on display at SDCC??

I want some answers. Just a "there will be a new figure soon" or "we will make the Fellowship" would ease some fears.

I really doubt SS invested in the new Hobbit body not to at least finish the Fellowship and at least a Ringwrath.

I agree Evilface. Would they make a whole new body for a line that was gonna be cancelled in a few months? even if they can use it in other lines?

Anyway didn't someone email ss before gandalf was announced and ask if the line was continuing and they said yes but we would only get a figure annonced every now and then. It's really not that long since Gandalf's PPO and it was nearlt a year between Faramir and the hobbits.

Back