Do you think there will be a new 1/6 LOTR figure shown at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't ask. All we know is that both figures initially sold out, but then there were enough cancellations that they both came back as second chance opportunities, where they still remain today. We don't know exactly how many canceled, or why.

As for how many are actually left right now, I don't know what the definition of "TONS" is ;), but it would be nice if Sideshow would start using the low quantity alert on in-stock items. That might even spur some sales. The exclusive Hobbit figures have been listed in the newsletter for over a month as having fewer than 200 pieces each remaining. Considering that each had an ES of 1500, that doesn't exactly sound like tons to me, but without more information, who can say?

One thing we can glean from this, though, is that they haven't been able to move those few pieces in well over a month's time, and that can't be good news for the line.

And the fact that they've also just added these to the GC list is not a good sign either.

I don't collect the 1:6 line, but I do feel for you guys. This reminds me of the WETA days when we ended up not getting key characters in the poly line. Personally, I'd rather see Sideshow continue to chug along with 12" LOTR than to keep picking up obscure movie licenses. I mean, who the hell here is scrambling for Mummy collectibles? What a waste.

And the fact that they've also just added these to the GC list is not a good sign either.

I don't collect the 1:6 line, but I do feel for you guys. This reminds me of the WETA days when we ended up not getting key characters in the poly line. Personally, I'd rather see Sideshow continue to chug along with 12" LOTR than to keep picking up obscure movie licenses. I mean, who the hell here is scrambling for Mummy collectibles? What a waste.
No disrespect to those who collect oddball lines, but when I heard about Reservoir Dogs and Doctor Who, I kinda had to shake my head. I may be wrong but I can't believe these would have a huge following.

They don't ask. All we know is that both figures initially sold out, but then there were enough cancellations that they both came back as second chance opportunities, where they still remain today. We don't know exactly how many canceled, or why.

As for how many are actually left right now, I don't know what the definition of "TONS" is ;), but it would be nice if Sideshow would start using the low quantity alert on in-stock items. That might even spur some sales. The exclusive Hobbit figures have been listed in the newsletter for over a month as having fewer than 200 pieces each remaining. Considering that each had an ES of 1500, that doesn't exactly sound like tons to me, but without more information, who can say?

One thing we can glean from this, though, is that they haven't been able to move those few pieces in well over a month's time, and that can't be good news for the line.

I actually ordered my Hobbits when they were on second chance and at that time they had the low quantity alert on them. If I remember correctly, there were around 50 of each left. That was some time back though.

Another thing. They made 1500 exclusives of The Hobbits (Gandolf only 1250), just alittle less than most exclusive Star Wars figures and ALOT more than the Predator exclusives. I find this alittle surprising as well, seeing that these are more popular lines. If they would've stuck with 1250 pieces, they would've been sold out.

I initially had both the Frodo and Sam Exclusives on Waitlist and I was happy they both converted. :)

I'm hoping the same thing happens to me with Gandolf. I thought sure I had that one but it has that nasty W in the number. Grrrrrrrr!

Back