Do you think there will be a new 1/6 LOTR figure shown at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no. dont just finish the fellowship. come on guys. dont say we will be happy with just the fellowship or that is all they will give us. i want saruman and theoden and eomer and eowyn and arwen and elrond and denethor and wormtongue and bilbo and hama and gamling and orc #3 and the 4th uruk from the right in that one scene(you know the one).

no. dont just finish the fellowship. come on guys. dont say we will be happy with just the fellowship or that is all they will give us. i want saruman and theoden and eomer and eowyn and arwen and elrond and denethor and wormtongue and bilbo and hama and gamling and orc #3 and the 4th uruk from the right in that one scene(you know the one).

I want more but

Merry and Pippin are locks, I just don't see SSC spending the money to make the Hobbit body and at least not give the 4 hobbits. Gimli is the one I'm most worried about. He'll either be really rushed and come out looking like Ed from the Shaun of the Dead line where they are all out of proportion or he won't get done. I have really bad feeling with it comes to that one.

Merry and Pippin are locks, I just don't see SSC spending the money to make the Hobbit body and at least not give the 4 hobbits. Gimli is the one I'm most worried about. He'll either be really rushed and come out looking like Ed from the Shaun of the Dead line where they are all out of proportion or he won't get done. I have really bad feeling with it comes to that one.
yes but dont you remember when SS first unvieled that body? they said it would be used for other small characters. namely SW aliens. it wasnt just for hobbits. i could see them dropping the line right now.

Why should SSC make LOTR figures (a license thats grossed like a billion dollars world wide) when they've got cash cows like Conan, The Fly, 300, and Species?

I mean, there's still classics like Ice Pirates and Beastmaster that are desperately seeking a distributor maybe we can ditch the SW and Indy lines for those!

We will need more than just the fellowship. I want the fellowship but I want the side characters-Theoden,Eomer,Eowyn a few baddies and the rest.

Why should SSC make LOTR figures (a license thats grossed like a billion dollars world wide) when they've got cash cows like Conan, The Fly, 300, and Species?

I mean, there's still classics like Ice Pirates and Beastmaster that are desperately seeking a distributor maybe we can ditch the SW and Indy lines for those!
i cringe whenever SS says they have a new license to unviel. all it does is spread their resources thinner than they already are. it's OK if the license is something big like GI Joe or something but do we really need all these little licenses that spawn about 1 or 2 collectibles and then are never heard from again?

What are the odds that we can get someone from Sideshow to post either here or in the Ask Sideshow section a real answer to this issue:confused:? I love this line, and it better continue past "just" the Fellowship. The Lord of the Rings universe has so many characters that this line can keep going for a long time. I hope that the long quiet leads to a surprise reveal along the lines of Vader for the SW line.

The odds are slim. They won't declare the line dead if it's not dead. The real answer is that they have nothing to announce at this time. If there's still a chance of getting another couple of releases once the workload allows, then they will just stay quiet until there's news to announce.

I hope that the quiet means that they are hard at work on some very difficult to develop characters! But I understand that they can't come out and promise something should relationships change with New Line, production difficulties, etc... Just a little message to have us not give up hope would be great though, like Gandalf talking to Aragorn!

I love the signature picture of Gandalf by the way, oops, I mean Dumbledore!

We will need more than just the fellowship. I want the fellowship but I want the side characters-Theoden,Eomer,Eowyn a few baddies and the rest.

I totally agree, but the fellowship is an absolute must. Looks like I'm on another head banging campaign until we have a complete Fellowship!

So until we get Gimli, Merry and Pippin!:banghead:banghead:banghead

Maybe SSC attributes their increased popularity to the Kurgan Kampaign (rather than the fact that thats when they nabbed the SW licence) so they think it be good to shaft LOTR fans too.

Back