DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker 2: Meet the Phoekers

Murray is back with a huge bandage around his head. Arthur dates his daughter while trying to make his way back into the circle of trust. Hijinks ensue.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...19-10-04/joker-ending-explained-todd-phillips

"This movie requires a certain amount of participation from the audience," Phoenix told The Times recently. "It's up to you how you want to interpret it and experience it. It's less you being kind of presented with the facts than you being presented with these possibilities."

"Me and Scott and Joaquin, we never talked about what he has - I never wanted to say, 'He's a narcissist and this and that,' " Phillips said. "I didn't want Joaquin as an actor to start researching that kind of thing. We just said, 'He's off.' I don't even know that he's mentally ill. He's just left-footed with the world."

"There's a lot of ways you could look at this movie," Phillips said. "You could look at it and go, 'This is just one of his multiple-choice stories. None of it happened.' I don't want to say what it is. But a lot of people I've shown it to have said, 'Oh, I get it - he's just made up a story. The whole movie is the joke. It's this thing this guy in Arkham Asylum concocted. He might not even be the Joker.' "

"Maybe Joaquin's character inspired the Joker," Phillips said. "You don't really know. His last line in the movie is, 'You wouldn't get it.' There's a lot going on in there that's interesting."

But he does offer that, while he has no plans to make a follow-up to "Joker," were he ever to reunite with Phoenix for a follow-up, we shouldn't expect to see Fleck's Joker square off against a grown-up Batman. "We would never do that," he said. "No, no. We'd just want to see where he goes from there."

Let's leave good enough alone.

I like that he specifically addressed both current theories -- its a dream OR Fleck inspired The Joker -- and didn't deny or confirm.

I prefer the latter personally.

Back