DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

hmmm... I appreciate what DC Collectibles have been doing right now. It's a good thing that they were able to provide us things that were totally unexpected (such us the joker mobile). For a true BTAS fan such as myself, I appreciate what they were able to do and I don't find any reason to complain and be whiny.

Think about it, they are showing us that they can do and can provide us "anything BTAS related" and that means "everything". Why complain? Isn't that what every true BTAS fans want, right? If it's a Q.C issue then it's just right to complain, but if it's about the items, characters or vehicles they are releasing, I don't know what there is to complain?

I understand others' frustration about Scarecrow and Two-Face not being shown or released yet, and I am also trying to understand DCC that they can't always give us all or everything at the same time.

I don't know how I will explain this, but, just imagine you are in a boxing ring, you don't give all your best shots in just the first two rounds, and then the next round you're done because you don't have anything left. At least throw in some "jabs", you need to phase yourself and reserve some of those big shots for you to last for a long time up to the final round.

Let's just be positive and be patient. I think everything we want will come, it's just about time, and I'd be willing to wait to get everything BTAS DCC provide.

I can't imagine them not doing scarecrow and two face at some point. I wonder if they are waiting to see how the 5 pack performs before they put those guys in another one. Or rather the expression packs. Once those guys are out then the line sort of is over for a lot of people.

I guess for them...push out the joker mobile and the expression packs. Make some more money with reuse before they finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jokermobile is huge. It's not going to sell well. Dunno what they were thinking when stores are sitting on tons of Batmobiles and Batwings. I'll bet money that the Jokermobile doesn't see an actual release, and if it does, few will buy it.

Two-Face and Scarecrow are long over due. Just do them already.

I'd heard that Batmobile sold especially well for DCC, hence the release of the redco version. DCC isn't looking at this like it's an obscure vehicle with little screen time. They're looking at it as a new Joker product to sell. Something for Joker fans to display their figure in with a big wow factor and a hefty price tag. I think this will sell fine. I'll be buying one, at least.

Not saying you should buy what you don't want, just saying you should PO the things you do. $$$ is the only thing the bean counters care about.

If they had a better track record with QC and paint apps I wouldn't mind POing things. Not worth the risk in my opinion. If that means the death of the line, so be it. No one's fault but their own.

Then maybe they should offer figures everyone is demanding instead of variants and obscure vehicles.

Exactly this. Not to mention continue to offer single card releases! The main problem is they've gotten too greedy, trying to milk this line. Only way to get Alfred is with an insanely overpriced Batcave set? Really?... 5 figs that would have easily sold as singles, but they want that extra $40 for the box... sheer greed. Bombshells and ever other figure line they do still has single figs, so...

I'm also going to take a wild guess now and assume the Joker and Harley Expression sets will be a higher MSRP than the Batman set was. I'm gonna guess $75 srp. Who knows what they'll mark the Joker Mobile at..

I'm also going to take a wild guess now and assume the Joker and Harley Expression sets will be a higher MSRP than the Batman set was. I'm gonna guess $75 srp. Who knows what they'll mark the Joker Mobile at..

Joker and Harley expression packs are up on BBTS for $44.99 each.

You guys are missing the point. Even with the BTAS and single carded figures and highly demanded figures, people were not pre-ordering. That's likely why the skew started to change. It's certainly why the uncertainty now. Kevin said the line isn't dead...yet...that's a fact. BUT! He also said NYTF will be the venue where they will say one way or the other if it is or not. He was very noncommittal about if it'll go forward past this year. He didn't say no it won't but he didn't say yes it will either...and J. Fletcher was even less informative about its future :dunno

I think there's a real possibility they don't move forward and BTAS Scarecrow and Two-Face don't make it into the line...afterall they cancelled Icons and didn't look back.

I am not taking any chances and just ordered a TNBA Two Face to use as a stand in for a BTAS Two Face.

Will replace him if DCC do make him next year, if not he will just be kept up the back of the display - he is close enough in look to pass off as the proper Two Face :rotfl

Then maybe they should offer figures everyone is demanding instead of variants and obscure vehicles.

Boardroom-Meeting-Suggestion.jpg

Where did you pre-order your GCPD 5-pack?

I live in Italy, I think to buy it on amazon.uk or ebay.uk because it will arrive surely in UK before Italy. From U.S.A. it'll be much expensive cause' the pack it is quite big (I suppose)

The batcycle too, as someone mention.

I'd be in for the Batcycle. And the mobile and wing for TNBA as well.

This whole policy is freakin' ridicoulus IMO
Jokermobile is out for pre-order in Italy, it cost 151 of your USD -.- 151!!! REALLY?
It already was an easy pass for me since I want this line to be a collection of figures not of freakin' giant cars and planes, but now is really idiotic... how they expect people pre-order stuff like this with those prices? FOOLS
Just hope they make Scarecrow and Two-Face then never collect nothing from DCC ever again. This company is terrible.

Back