DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

But...This line is already 'almost' complete? A few big hitters still to do sure, but the majority have already been made...Whichever way I look at it this line has been delivered..I have no doubt that we will see the other must haves. And the fact that we get a freaking Jokermobile that had just 30 secs of screen time tells me how vested they still are. Why make it if they are done? They are canceling figures right and center but give the animated line a obscure vehicle is a pretty clear indication to me that they think the line still has some legs.

I won't be content until we see Grey Ghost, and I am still confident that will happen.

Love your positive take on this, amos.

Checking in:
I do not remember a more hectic Preview Night. Attendees were let in ten minutes late, and inside it seemed as busy as any regular day, even though there's only supposed to be about 15,000 people on the convention room floor (as opposed to the 50-75,000 that would be there today, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday). I went by the DC Collectibles area of the DC booth four times last night, and every time I saw Kevin Kiniry, he was busy talking to someone...for what seemed like forever Ordinarily I would just wait to talk to him, but since I didn't come here alone, Mrs. Griffin and I would go to see something else (Sideshow has some amazing stuff this year, for example), and then come back. At one point Kevin was talking with one guy and there were two other people waiting around to talk to him. We went to another part of the floor, then came back. The fourth time we stopped by, he was gone. By then, three hours had almost passed and Preview Night was over..

I do apologize buddy as one of those people chatting with Kev was me ... I chat with him for ages on the preview night and we went out for a coffee on the 1st day as well. He is such a nice guy!

I just got back to UK from San Diego so I'm still a bit jet'lagged but I will let you guys know what I find out when I wake up tomorrow. The line is defo not dead but the sales will show the future!

It could be fantastic if will be released a 5 pack with Scarecrow, Two Face, Grey Ghost , Clock King and Ruper Thorne !!! I could cry if it is possible : Gah:

That Jokermobile is a pretty baffling choice. Kudos to them for making it so screen accurate, but this doesn't change the fact that it's unnecessary. Harley expressions pack is an okay surprise, but I'm still holding out hope for a Clock King with clocks painted on his glasses. That's the one figure announcement I'd be really excited to hear. I agree that it's weird how they still don't have original "Batman: The Animated Series" Two-Face this late into the line.

If they do "Batman: The Animated Series" Scarecrow, they should include interchangeable heads since his design changed between "Nothing to Fear" and "Fear of Victory". :wink1:

How would you all feel if they just did Expression Packs for Two Face/Scarecrow/Clock King/Grey Ghost and then another 5 pack of Thorne and some other goons?

I'd be fine if they switched to that model.

Someone have asked to Kevin personally if there are possibilities to have in the future some new figures as those we require every day in this forum?

How would you all feel if they just did Expression Packs for Two Face/Scarecrow/Clock King/Grey Ghost and then another 5 pack of Thorne and some other goons?

As long as they also came with the white stand, yes I'd be fine with those.

But...This line is already 'almost' complete? A few big hitters still to do sure, but the majority have already been made...Whichever way I look at it this line has been delivered..I have no doubt that we will see the other must haves. .

The reason I worry is I have seen a lot of lines ALMOST get to the finish over the years. And from multiple companies over the last 20 years of collecting.

Remember Maude Flanders from the Playmates Simpsons? And far too many examples from DCU Classics and DC Direct among many others to list out here.

Apart from Two Face and Scarecrow, what about TNBA Penguin, Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Clayface - plus the "Sprang-style" (otherwise the Miller style ones are worthless) Legends of the Dark Knight figs. Also really, Luthor as well at the very least seeing we got Supes and Lois.

I am the sort of collector who would rather have nothing than an incomplete set and have as result sold off more of my collection than I can remember over the years.

what about TNBA Penguin, Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Clayface - plus the "Sprang-style" (otherwise the Miller style ones are worthless) Legends of the Dark Knight figs. Also really, Luthor as well at the very least seeing we got Supes and Lois.

I am the sort of collector who would rather have nothing than an incomplete set and have as result sold off more of my collection than I can remember over the years.

I want more TNBA figures like hatter, calendar girl, Alfred, Gordon, Montoya, Bullock, penguin...

Yes, I hate incomplete lines too!

I want Sid the Squid with Batman's cape and cowl as an accessory.

895.gif

I'd be down for a Two Face expressions set, though I'd also want the white stand to match the rest of the figs. Expressions sets for the other 3 seem unnecessary. An alternate head for Scarecrow would suffice for me. Would still be up for a deluxe Batwoman with a glider, masked head and the 3 unmasked heads. Would have rather had that than the Joker mobile

5 pack idea I hate, especially since I know they would add another dumb gimmick to jack the price up again. 2 packs with accessories would be more ideal, so you would have less of a chance of getting a dud paint app. Two Face/ Scarecrow, Clock King/Mayor Hill, Thorne/ Grey Ghost, BB Joker/Tim Drake Joker would be cool. Since the 5 pack is random and has no theme, random 2 packs could work. Though I'm still single card all the way

I do apologize buddy as one of those people chatting with Kev was me ... I chat with him for ages on the preview night and we went out for a coffee on the 1st day as well. He is such a nice guy!

I just got back to UK from San Diego so I'm still a bit jet'lagged but I will let you guys know what I find out when I wake up tomorrow. The line is defo not dead but the sales will show the future!

It's so great that you got to meet him! :D And it's great to hear that the line is definitely not dead.

5 pack idea I hate, especially since I know they would add another dumb gimmick to jack the price up again. 2 packs with accessories would be more ideal, so you would have less of a chance of getting a dud paint app. Two Face/ Scarecrow, Clock King/Mayor Hill, Thorne/ Grey Ghost, BB Joker/Tim Drake Joker would be cool. Since the 5 pack is random and has no theme, random 2 packs could work. Though I'm still single card all the way

I also hate the 5 packs as it's hard enough getting decent paint apps on 1 fig let alone 5 in the same pack. Good luck.

I also hate the 5 packs as it's hard enough getting decent paint apps on 1 fig let alone 5 in the same pack. Good luck.

You guys are even lucky in that, think to people who live in other country like me xD I buy all figures online because a "local comic shop" here basically don't exist... and if exist prices are way too hight... -.- at least most of you can check for good paint apps, in most of cases I have to buy blind boxed...
Thanks eBay most of the figure I bought loose or at discount price had real photo so I can judge if have good paint apps.

I'd be down for a Two Face expressions set, though I'd also want the white stand to match the rest of the figs. Expressions sets for the other 3 seem unnecessary. An alternate head for Scarecrow would suffice for me.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone getting expressions besides a few characters we've already gotten (like maybe Robin or Freeze) and Two-Face. Even a major villain like Scarecrow would really only benefit from his original mask and and an unmasked head. Eight total heads would be pointless and there aren't enough accessories to give him.

Two-Face could probably be done as an expressions pack though, since he's both popular and important enough to warrant one.
Heads:
angry
smirk
"give me a mirror"
when he covers half his face
hat (plus alternate arms/coat like Joker)
And maybe one or two more. Maybe a joke head from Dreams In Darkness

Only problem is they wouldn't be able to include any Harvey Dent stuff, since he'd have to be a totally new figure (although Harvey Dent would be PERFECT for an expressions pack...he was animated so incredibly in Two-Face Pt. 1)

You guys are even lucky in that, think to people who live in other country like me xD I buy all figures online because a "local comic shop" here basically don't exist... and if exist prices are way too hight... -.- at least most of you can check for good paint apps, in most of cases I have to buy blind boxed...
Thanks eBay most of the figure I bought loose or at discount price had real photo so I can judge if have good paint apps.

Me Too...

However it is incredible that Dc released Two Face and Scarecrow from "The New Batman Adventures" even if "The Animated series" was the first animated line in order of time. Now we are in 2017..and we still missing this figures. I still can't believe !!!!!!! :gah: :gah: :gah:

Hey guys, so basically I spoke to Kevin and he said this is not the end of the line! They have a new management who wants to focus on statues rather than action figures but he and some other folks are pushing back. He said he understands that characters like Two Face and Scarecrow are very important for collectors so he is going to try to find a way to release them to not upset the collectors. He said that if the Superman Two Pack sells good enough they will make more Superman characters and maybe even Justice League. Only time will show the future but there is still hope! They should have some new items at Toy Fair so fingers crossed!

I took some photos as well, nothing new but some different angles.

what is image hosting

Mini Figures by HERO COLLECTOR (They look really good)

and with Kev :D

Hey guys, so basically I spoke to Kevin and he said this is not the end of the line! They have a new management who wants to focus on statues rather than action figures but he and some other folks are pushing back. He said he understands that characters like Two Face and Scarecrow are very important for collectors so he is going to try to find a way to release them to not upset the collectors. He said that if the Superman Two Pack sells good enough they will make more Superman characters and maybe even Justice League. Only time will show the future but there is still hope! They should have some new items at Toy Fair so fingers crossed!

I took some photos as well, nothing new but some different angles.

what is image hosting

and with Kev :D

That is great Zelu, thanks for the update! I'm so glad to hear that, and great to hear Kevin and other folks at DCC are pushing back on the move towards statue only. I can be patient if we are still going to get figured just at slower rate than the previous few years. As far as Superman--I really want that line to move forward, I love the designs of those characters and ultimately would love to have a greater Timmiverse collection featuring more characters from the other shows.

Thanks Zelu!!! That is great to know. And, well, if that's how things are shifting at DCC I think guys, it's time to push back and help.

Could we, should we start a polite campaign making them aware of how their captive market is willing to contribute?

They haven't used mechanisms like polling the collecting community to see what type of figures or what specific characters would mean higher sale numbers, that could help them push back. This is a company with less corporate bureaucracies than at Mattel or Hasbro, and these interactive models have worked very well for the latter (Mattel is beyond help.)

What do you guys think? Would it help? Could we come together to do it?

If and when they make Two-Face, I think DCC would really be missing an opportunity if they didn't make him in a two-pack. Harvey Dent is a great supporting character, and I'd love to see a figure of him paired with his alter ego. If they didn't care so much about the two theme, throw in a Bruce Wayne for an awesome three pack.

After that, I'd love a five pack or two. Main picks would be:

BTAS:

Gray Ghost
Scarecrow (with extra head)
Red Claw
Ninja
Clock King
w/Baby Doll thrown in for good measure

TNBA:

Penguin
Bruce Wayne
Batwoman
Mad Hatter
Ventriloquist and/or Clayface

I'd be a pretty happy camper at that point.

Worse case scenario, I'd need a BTAS Scarecrow and Two-Face and a TNBA Penguin before I'd consider the line complete. Bruce Waynes are right below them on my list.

Back